Posted On: 2018-7-11
Location: Bridgend, Wales
• Work on transducer design projects from initial customer product generation through to mass production ready designs.
• Design, build and evaluation of transducers to meet customer requirements.
• Use of Loudspeaker simulation software e.g. Finemotor, LEAP, basic Comsol knowledge advantageous.
• Some experience of loudspeaker measurement systems, e.g. Soundcheck, Klippel DA, Clio, Audio Precision.
• Cooperation with China team, interaction during design cycle.
• Create Bill-of-Materials, DFMEA’s and other key documents under guidance.
• Build relationships with customer engineers to ensure close working relationship and early adoption of Tymphany designs and technology.
• Domestic and international travel may be required.
• Degree in Acoustics/Audio or equivalent transducer experience highly desirable.
• Minimum 1-2 years of transducer design experience.
• Good attention to detail.
• Some experience with acoustic system assembly and measurement desirable.
• Experience in working in a team environment.
• Good conversationalist with good people skills.
• Ability to follow through with tasks and some degree of self-management skills.
• Self motivated, passionate about audio and music and have a genuine interest in loudspeaker design. The job holder will have a solid grounding of audio design principles and practices gained from both a good academic foundation and via some practical application and experience.
• A creative thinker who has a desire of transforming concepts into realistic products which exceed market requirements.
• Ability to meet deadlines through good planning and organisational skills.
• Interpersonal and communication skills. Presentation skills are desirable as the job holder will have the opportunity to present to key stakeholders such as internal senior level management, customers and suppliers.
• An opportunity to be part of exciting international projects in a growing company.
• A meaningful job with solutions being implemented into everyday work.
• A cooperative company culture fuelled by love and passion for audio.
• Attractive working conditions (flexible working hours, contribution for pension, 37.5 hours working week, healthcare and benefits package, 28 days of holiday).
• Knowledge of active/passive crossovers and/or speaker system design would be desirable but not required.
How to Apply: If you are keen to give it a try, send us your CV in English. We look forward to receiving your application and meeting you in person!
Director of UK Design Centre
Tymphany Acoustic Technology (UK) Ltd
Unit 12 Horsefair Road, Waterton Industrial Estate,
Bridgend, CF31 3YN
Telephone: + 44(0)1656 253187
Please mention AES001169 when applying for this position.
10F, No.19-2, Sanchong Rd.
Building D/Park1/Nankang Software Park
Nangang Dist., Taipei City 115
Tymphany is the global leader in the design and manufacture of audio systems, headphones, acoustic modules, and loudspeaker drivers. The company’s roots go back to 1926 when Peerless was founded in Denmark. Through partnerships with top brands and commitment to delivering market leading products, Tymphany has become an industry leading ODM with over 6000 employees. The company also offers a full selection of loudspeaker drivers under the "Peerless by Tymphany" brand. Tymphany’s headquarters are based in Taiwan. The company has worldwide sales and technical support, administered from San Rafael in California. R&D and engineering centers are located in Taiwan, China, the Czech Republic, and Wales (UK). Multiple manufacturing facilities are located in Asia and Europe.