Posted On: 2018-7-11
Location: Bridgend, Wales
• Lead transducer projects from initial customer product generation through to mass production ready designs.
• Design, build and evaluation of transducers to meet customer requirements.
• Lead research and development of innovative technology and products to support our roadmap.
• Use of loudspeaker simulation software e.g. Magnet/FEMM, LEAP, Comsol.
• Use and development of loudspeaker measurement systems, e.g. Soundcheck, Klippel DA, Audio Precision.
• Close cooperation with China team, co-developing transducers with China team.
• Create Bill-of-Materials, DFMEA’s and other key documents.
• Build relationships with customer engineers to ensure close working relationship and early adoption of Tymphany designs and technology.
• Ongoing customer interface for transducer projects (FAE), transducer selection and application engineering.
• Domestic and international travel may be required.
• Degree in Acoustics/Audio or equivalent transducer experience essential.
• Minimum 5 years of transducer design experience.
• High attention to detail.
• Experience with acoustic system specification, design and measurement.
• Ability to take the lead of a transducer design team.
• Experience in working with Asia based engineers a plus.
• Good conversationalist with good people skills.
• Strong self-management, able to drive projects to achieve goals.
• Self motivated, passionate about audio and music and have a genuine interest in loudspeaker design. The job holder will have a thorough knowledge of transducer design principles and practices gained from both a good academic foundation and via practical application and experience.
• A creative and innovative thinker who has a proven track record in transforming concepts into realistic products which exceed market requirements.
• Ability to meet project deadlines through exceptional planning and organisational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Presentation skills are important as the job holder will be required to present to key stakeholders such as internal senior level management, customers and suppliers.
• Experienced in mentoring or development of staff to enhance both the individual and the organisation.
• An opportunity to be part of exciting international projects in a growing company.
• A meaningful job with solutions being implemented into everyday work.
• A cooperative company culture fuelled by love and passion for audio.
• Attractive working conditions (flexible working hours, contribution for pension, 37.5 hours working week, healthcare and benefits package, 28 days of holiday).
How to Apply: If you are keen to give it a try, send us your CV in English. We look forward to receiving your application and meeting you in person!
Director of UK Design Centre
Tymphany Acoustic Technology (UK) Ltd
Unit 12 Horsefair Road, Waterton Industrial Estate,
Bridgend, CF31 3YN
Telephone: + 44(0)1656 253187
Please mention AES001168 when applying for this position.
10F, No.19-2, Sanchong Rd.
Building D/Park1/Nankang Software Park
Nangang Dist., Taipei City 115
Tymphany designs and manufactures some of the most innovative consumer and professional audio systems on the market. The company also sells a full line of speaker drivers under the Peerless by Tymphany brand. The company’s roots go back to 1926 when Peerless was founded in Denmark. In the proceeding 90 years, Tymphany has grown to be a premiere audio ODM with over 3,000 employees. The company has worldwide sales and technical support, administered from Sausalito, California. Tymphany’s headquarters are based in Taiwan, with manufacturing facilities are located in China, with additional engineering facilities in Shenzhen, China and Taipei, Taiwan.