Posted On: 2018-7-10
Location: Huntingdon, UK
We have a vacancy for a Research Engineer at our facility in Huntingdon to work alongside our current engineers in research and development of applied technologies for both our home audio products and a growing list of business-to-business clients.
We are looking for a candidate with a good degree (2.1 or better), or equivalent experience, in a related field (audio engineering, acoustics, electronic engineering, physics, mathematics).
Experience in self-led research (industry or academic) in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable:
• Audio signal processing
Candidates must have experience with MATLAB and in addition, it would be advantageous if candidates have experience in the following:
• C and/or C++ programming
• Audio electronics
• Audio measurement systems (Prism dScope, Audio Precision, Soundcheck etc.)
• Acoustic simulation (lumped element, finite element method, boundary element method etc.)
• Loudspeaker design
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
• An aptitude for teamwork
• A passion for music and listening
• A creative and innovative approach to their work
• A desire for achievable perfection
• A high degree of self-motivation with good time management skills
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide clear explanations and documentation
• An ability to thrive within a business with demanding clients
• Formal presentation skills
How to Apply: If you are interested in the above vacancy and wish to be considered, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please mention AES001165 when applying for this position.
Phone: +44 1480 445 678
Fax: +44 1480 445 686
Meridian Audio Limited Meridian Audio Limited designs, engineers, and manufactures state-of-the-art audio and video home entertainment systems, with particular expertise in high-resolution audio and video rendering, resolution enhancement, and DSP-based surround sound processing. The company is renowned for its DSP loudspeakers, for Meridian Lossless Packing (MLP)—its lossless compression system—and for the Sooloos brand of Digital Media Servers. Meridian’s Research team concentrates its activities on psychoacoustics, spatial audio, DSP, and resolution enhancement techniques, working successfully on internal projects as well as for external consultancy customers.