Posted On: 2018-6-26
Location: Steying, West Sussex, UK
As Bowers and Wilkins increases its smart, connected speaker range there is a need to grow the team to support the development of active products with influence over all technical aspects. We are currently looking for a Senior Development Engineer to oversee the development of active speaker products with responsibility for delivering the product to the required cost and timescale whilst maintaining B&W’s unsurpassed reputation for audio performance.
This role is based in Steyning, West Sussex which will shortly be relocating to a much larger facility in Southwater, Horsham. The relocation of our Steyning Research Establishment represents a significant investment to expand the team and accelerate the company’s ability to develop new capabilities that will drive innovation across its suite of luxury home speakers, headphones and performance car audio.
- Lead development activities for allocated Active loudspeaker projects
- Be responsible for the acoustics and tuning of the product
- To have responsibility for delivering projects to the required performance level, cost and timescale
- To have oversight of the mechanical and acoustic design and electronics integration.
- Write the product specifications
- Work with the mechanical, transducer and electronics design teams to specify a product that meets or exceeds the requirements
- Collaborate with the software team to ensure audio quality is considered.
- Ensure that the mechanical design retains the original aesthetic design intent as far as possible
- Work with the Quality team to ensure product is manufacturable and reliable
- Collaborate on definition of internal processes and specification
- Track and organise workload.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (e.g. Acoustics or Electronics)
- 5 years’ experience in a Product Development Environment
- Passion for audio and music
How to Apply: At Bowers & Wilkins we offer competitive rates of pay, product discounts, 25 days holiday per year, group pension plan with 5% employer/employee contributions, life insurance and private healthcare.
To apply, please send an up to date c.v and covering letter to:
Please mention AES001160 when applying for this position.
B&W Group Ltd. was founded in 1966 and is based in Worthing, UK. They conduct research into acoustics and design, manufacture, and distribute loudspeaker systems for the domestic and professional markets. B&W Group companies also distribute Rotel, Classé, and i-Command brand products throughout Europe, North America, and China.