Posted On: 2018-3-20
Location: Richardson, TX, USA
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
The Engineer of Service NPI performs the activities of the customer service area related to new products introduction, end of life coordination of spare parts and training programs to our service centers, external service centers and distributors.
No supervisor responsibilities
• Engages with Engineering team identifying new products in the plan and expected timing of product launch.
• Provide guidance to Engineering NPI team on product serviceability (design for serviceability)
• Identify potential failure modes in the new products, provide feedback and prepare the customer service operations to support the customers
• Coordinate required prototypes, understand product functionality, identify potential failure modes, and develop training activities
• Define the critical spare parts to be created in the system for the new products, and coordinate the initial Min-max levels
• Create the spare parts for the NPI products in the PLC and ERP systems.
• Coordinate with procurement and sourcing to have inventory available of spare parts before product launch
• Create service documentation for the new product introduction ahead of product launch
• Provide training based on training requirements and plans for the different service centers (internal / external)
• Coordinate the end of life of spare parts for service, following the end of life for the finished products with a systematic approach in the MRP system
• Deliver performance on the key performance metrics for his area, and strive to exceed the targets
• Use project management tools to achieve a successful conclusion on the NPI projects for customer service.
• Drive improvement programs based on customer feedback / customer returns data with Quality and Engineering teams.
• Participates in the certification program for service centers
• Validates that the training programs were effective in the service centers
• Identify and implement best practices in his area
• Prioritize and assign projects, duties and tasks to cross-functional team members based on skills and abilities.
• Strive and take actions that promote continuous improvement in department, company, and customer activities and interactions.
• Track and report on critical case status, customer satisfaction, service trends, and other key performance metrics
• Support the customer needs promptly, accurately, effectively, efficiently and in a professional manner.
• Interface as required with customers and suppliers to resolve issues and ensure company goals can be met.
• Maintain personal customer/distributor contacts interactively to build and keep a positive relationship between the company, the service departments, and the end users based on mutual respect and trust.
• A four-year technical degree is required, preferably BSEE or equivalent.
• Proficient in PC software such as MS Office for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, databases and in writing reports to upper management.
• High level of structure in defining, implementing and monitoring processes
• Must have a high level of sense of urgency and drive the business with data
• Experience with Product Life Cycle (PLC) and ERP Business Management software, preferably SAP.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to touch and handle objects, tools, and controls and also to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand and walk and reach with hands and arms.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and within OSHA's standard requirements.
• The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Experience with electronic products, debugging , troubleshooting, and repairing products
• Experience in developing processes and procedures
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Basic knowledge on acoustics and advanced knowledge of the design and engineering of complex electronic products, their electronic circuitry and circuit boards, their processors and system architecture, and digital signal processing is desirable.
• Knowledge of routed and switched network infrastructure and protocols, including LAN, WAN, and wireless broadband access.
• Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
• Interpersonal, leadership and communication skills gained through a progressive career path including cross-functional interactions
• Drives positive change and continuous improvement, and accepts responsibility
• Willingness to travel 20%
• Willingness to work in an office in Richardson, TX
• HARMAN will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
How to Apply: Please apply directly at: career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=104713&company=harman&username=...
Please mention AES001125 when applying for this position.
400 Atlantic St.
Stamford, CT 06901
Phone: +1 203 328 3500
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Harman (NYSE: HAR) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets— supported by 15 leading brands including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with Harman audio and infotainment systems. Harman has a workforce of about 13,400 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. Harman is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training, and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with Harman!