Posted On: 2018-3-8
Location: Northridge, CA, USA
Innovate with a team of acoustic and mechanical engineers in the development and creation of industry leading tools and techniques for designing acoustic devices and software. They demonstrate the ability to plan, define, and execute projects with no supervision. They are recognized throughout the Professional Division as an emerging expert.
• Work closely with engineering managers to plan, create and test new concepts that reach specific acoustic goals
• Design, prototype, test and document new concepts and benchmark against existing products with other team members
• Generate comprehensive definition, design parameters and test vector documentation for concepts to be industrialized
• Prepare documents and reports with cross functional teams for tracking key business metrics on department, project and individual performance
• Ensure that intellectual property is fully researched, documented, and protected
• Contribute to refining best practice methods for all aspects of department functions.
• Support New Product Development team with expertise and solutions
• Estimate effort and resources required for each project.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years’ experience or Master’s Degree in above mentioned fields and 8 years of experience in research and development or PhD degree in Engineering or related field and 4 years of experience in corporate or academic research
• Expert in at least one of the following fields: Multi-physics Simulations and Analysis, Digital Signal Processing, Loudspeaker Design, Acoustic Research
• Exceptional reputation as an innovator based on having created forward looking research, projects, and award winning publications
• Proven technical leadership
• Experience working in the technology industry or Professional Audio industry
• Experience with the use of rapid prototyping tools for software and hardware validation of simulated design work
• Ability to communicate advanced and complex concepts and ideas persuasively and concisely to all levels of the business
• Previous Professional or Consumer Audio/Video Industry experience
• Experince with FEA or BEM analysis software tools
• Experience with Acoustic Measurement and validation software like EASERA, Klipple or Listen
• Experience with Solidworks, AutoCad, ProE or other 3D cad software
• Member of Audio Engineering Society, Acoustic Society of America, ALMA or IEEE
• Willingness to travel 10% of the time
• Willingness to work in an office in Northridge, CA
• HARMAN will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Please apply using the link below or email resume directly to email@example.com
Please mention AES001114 when applying for this position.
400 Atlantic St.
Stamford, CT 06901
Phone: +1 203 328 3500
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Harman (NYSE: HAR) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets— supported by 15 leading brands including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with Harman audio and infotainment systems. Harman has a workforce of about 13,400 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. Harman is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training, and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with Harman!