Posted On: 2018-1-23
Location: Biggleswade, Bedfordshire, UK
• Lead and manage the service team
• Ensure the service department operates efficiently
• Provide technical guidance relating to product servicing to internal PMC staff as well as external distributors and retailers
• Respond to service technical enquiries both internal and external.
• Fault find and / or repair of audio electronics.
o Pre amplifier (analogue & digital)
o Power amplifier (analogue & digital)
o Control, DAC, Digital player electronics
o passive crossovers
• Fault find and / or repair of loudspeakers
• Programming or PMC modifications & testing of active electronics
• Safety testing of various electrical equipment (i.e. PAT testing)
• Ensure Test equipment is suitably maintained and meets departments requirements.
• From time to time conduct service repairs in the field (UK) as required
• Report monthly service department performance, arising issues and future requirements / planning to Technical manager
• Repair of PMC, Bryston, AVM equipment
• Process returned parts for credit
• Process returned finished goods for credit
• Test and service returned demonstration stock.
• Occasional test product for marketing and sales departments.
• Occasional assistance to manufacturing facility with technical issues.
• Electrical Engineering qualifications HND or degree level
• Knowledge & experience of audio electronics repair
• Experience using audio test equipment. Electronics & acoustical.
• Computer literate in standard Microsoft software as well as ability to learn company database systems
• Ability to write concise reports
• Leadership qualities
• Highly motivated
• Be able to lead a team
• Be able to communicate effectively with other company employees
• Be able to contribute their own goals/vision/thoughts/work into improving PMC products.
• Knowledge of hifi/music/recording and broadcast techniques or personal interest in these areas.
How to Apply: Send CV and covering letter to Oliver Thomas
Please mention AES001107 when applying for this position.
43-45 Crawley Green Road
PMC is a UK-based, world-leading manufacturer of loudspeaker systems, the tools of choice in all ultra-critical professional monitoring applications, and also for the discerning audiophile at home, where they provide a transparent window into the recording artist's original intentions. PMC products use the best available materials and design principles, including the company's proprietary Advanced Transmission Line (ATL™) bass-loading technology, cutting-edge amplification and advanced DSP techniques to create loudspeakers that present sound and music exactly as it was when first created, with the highest possible resolution, and without coloration or distortion. For more information on our clients and products, see www.pmc-speakers.com.