Posted On: 2017-10-11
Location: Ozark, MO, USA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
This newly created role of Associate Engineer, Electrical to support Dolby’s Cinema and Professional Loudspeaker solutions will be a member of an engineering team that develops products for the Dolby Cinema business unit. Working closely with the cross-functional business teams, along with the core Dolby cinema engineering team, the successful candidate will utilize the tools and processes of our world-class engineering group to bring advanced, disruptive products to market.
The individual is expected to have some knowledge of the cinema and/or professional audio markets, and a background in audio circuit design & signal processing, programmable logic devices, digital design, and embedded microcontrollers is a clear advantage. He/she must be a team player and thrive in an environment of diverse multi-functional teams, across different time zones around the world.
The successful candidate will regularly engage with people across multiple disciplines including R&D, engineering, manufacturing, support, operations and program management to deliver innovative products to the market and drive increased market share.
• Support design efforts that incorporate embedded microcontrollers and programmable logic such as FPGA and CPLD devices. This will require some understanding of VHDL coding and familiarity with integrated development environments.
• Characterize and evaluate electronic circuits that utilize various technologies such as digital logic, switch-mode power electronics hardware, digital & analog audio circuitry, embedded processors, etc. This will require some familiarity with laboratory test & measurement equipment, such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, and spectrum analyzers.
• Perform lifecycle and industry benchmark tests on new products.
• Create well-written test reports outlining laboratory findings and circuit characterizations
• Review design documents (schematics, test procedures, bill of materials, etc.) necessary to support products that Dolby will be developing.
• Assist and collaborate with senior engineers and engineering management to aide in Dolby product design and product support initiatives.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Experience with programmable logic devices and hardware description languages - VHDL.
• Some proficiency with embedded firmware development and coding, C/C++/assembly.
• Self-motivated with the ability to perform design & development tasks with minimal oversight.
• Great team player with strong verbal and written communication skills, and technical language proficiency.
• Relatively proficient with engineering dev tools and laboratory test & measurement equipment.
• Proficiency with Mentor Graphics development tools would be preferred.
• Willing to work with high voltage electronics and off-line AC power supplies.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse teams, both functionally and geographically
• Organizational savvy to get things done in a dynamic deadline driven environment
• Proven ability to work hands-on and multitasking
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally, with one or more trips per year.
• Willing to relocate to the Springfield, Missouri area.
To apply: http://www.Dolby.com/careers
Please mention AES001082 when applying for this position.
1275 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) creates audio, video, and voice technologies that transform entertainment and communications in mobile devices, at the cinema, at home, and at work. For more than 50 years, sight and sound experiences have become more vibrant, clear, and powerful in Dolby. For more information, please visit www.dolby.com.