Posted On: 2017-10-11
Location: Ozark, MO, USA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
This newly created role of Program Manager supports Dolby’s Cinema and Professional Loudspeaker solutions and will be a member of an engineering team that develops products for the Dolby Cinema business unit. Working closely with the cross-functional business teams, along with the core Dolby Cinema engineering team, the successful candidate will manage multiple programs to successfully bring the next generation of advanced, disruptive products to market.
You will lead cross-functional teams from initiation to product release in the Product Lifecycle Management process through careful planning, risk, communication, coordination, and escalation of program issues to senior management. Ensure that programs are completed within scope, schedule, and cost.
Contribute to the successive refinement of the Product Lifecycle Management processes. Evaluate the processes for participating in their ongoing refinement, training others, and applying processes with flexibility for a wide range of program types.
Having some knowledge of the cinema and/or professional audio markets, and a background in transducers, loudspeaker systems, loudspeaker and room interactions, audio signal processing and product manufacturing is an advantage. He/she must be a team player and thrive in an environment of diverse multi-functional teams, across different time zones around the world.
The successful candidate will regularly engage with people across multiple disciplines including R&D, engineering, manufacturing, support, operations and compliance to deliver innovative products to the market and drive increased market share.
• Guide the activities of cross-functional groups to introduce new hardware products/programs. Ensure that stakeholder needs are being addressed.
• Examine program documents including product, process and cross functional team plans to manage an integrated program plan. Facilitate work of functional groups as necessary to ensure that all project deliverables are created and delivered in accordance with the plan.
• Ensure that high-level program status information is maintained. Review status summary materials and present to executive management on a regular basis. Escalate as appropriate.
• Partner with key managers in each group to ensure that overall objectives are understood and supported.
• Ensure that the Dolby Product Lifecycle Management process methodologies, templates, and tools are properly applied to all programs.
• Assist in developing and implementing Program Management global best practices within Dolby, including templates and tools.
• Proactively anticipate problems and build risk mitigation plans accordingly. Resolve issues as they arise. Escalate critical problems to management as necessary. Deliver on-time.
• Willing to relocate to Springfield ,MO area.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 7+ years professional experience in managing hardware programs.
• Practical experience with risk analysis and conflict resolution.
• Ability to multitask and perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication, presentation, coaching, and mentoring skills. Ability to present to all position levels, from individual contributors to executives.
• Excellent organizational skills. Ability to work independently to achieve goals established in a team environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Project, Hansoft or similar scheduling tool, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Excel.
• Flexibility to accommodate work schedules of teammates in International time zones.
• Able to travel internationally
• Engineering degree or equivalent
• Background in audio engineering, transducers, loudspeaker systems, loudspeakers and amplifiers
To apply: http://www.Dolby.com/careers
Please mention AES001079 when applying for this position.
1275 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) creates audio, video, and voice technologies that transform entertainment and communications in mobile devices, at the cinema, at home, and at work. For more than 50 years, sight and sound experiences have become more vibrant, clear, and powerful in Dolby. For more information, please visit www.dolby.com.