Posted On: 2017-7-20
Location: Calabasas, CA, USA
We are looking for an experienced and proven Principal Embedded Software Engineer who will design and implement highly networked media systems for home media products.
Working in a senior-level role within a fast paced, start-up like small team environment, you will be required to lead the entire software product development cycle from product management to architecture and coding to implementation. This is a highly visible role wherein you will be tasked with effectively leading a small team of developers to successfully launch exciting new products.
• You'll be a hands-on Principal Software Developer responsible for new and existing software products, determining direction and visualizing ideal software architecture.
• As the technology expert, you think in terms of developing user-friendly, highly complex networked solutions, while remaining cost effective and flexible against business and product needs.
• Design and develop networked media software, including applications and middle-ware
• Initiate or contribute to R&D proof-of-concepts
• Read and comprehend technical papers and presentations
• Write clear and concise technical documentation and correspondence
• Lead a small developer team as needed, mentor junior engineers
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience, MS preferred
• Minimum 5 year experience with C/C++ embedded systems programming
• Ability to write high-performance, reusable, portable code in various format (e.g., SDK, wrapper library, application)
• Extensive experience in writing portable code for multiple architectures, such as ARM, x86, MIPS, etc.
• Ability to translate networking and multimedia concepts into efficient and optimized implementations
• Deep understanding of memory management, network/socket programming, IPC, and multi-threading
• Deep understanding of Linux system including device driver architecture and implementations
• Understanding of compressed audio codecs including MP3 and AAC
• Understanding of multimedia network protocols (mms, rtp, rtsp, etc.)
• Understanding of principles of multimedia frameworks
• Understanding of issues arising from network programming and troubleshooting ability
• Experience developing for and creating automated unit test frameworks
• Experience coding global mobile apps that work smoothly in multiple languages
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to proof and edit
• Strong teamwork and project-related skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently under little supervision
• Experience in leading a team of developers is a huge plus
Please mention AES001053 when applying for this position.
3025 Orchard Parkway
San Jose, CA 95134
Phone: +1 408.321.6000
Fax: +1 408.321.8257
Xperi Corporation (Nasdaq: XPER) and its wholly owned subsidiaries, DTS, FotoNation, Invensas, and Tessera are dedicated to creating innovative technology solutions that enable extraordinary experiences for people around the world. Xperi’s solutions are licensed by hundreds of leading global partners and have shipped in billions of products in areas including premium audio, broadcast, computational imaging, computer vision, mobile computing and communications, memory, data storage, and 3D semiconductor interconnect and packaging. For more information, please visit www.xperi.com.