Posted On: 2017-6-15
Location: Steyning, West Sussex, England
Our founder, John Bowers, started this company in 1966 with a single loudspeaker and the vision, “if you create a better product, you will sell it.” Today, we are the market leaders in the premium audio category and are used by musicians and producers in the best studios in the world, from Abbey Road to Skywalker Studios. In May 2016, we ushered in a new era for Bowers & Wilkins through an acquisition by Silicon Valley startup, Eva Automation, led by Gideon Yu. Combining Eva’s culture of fast-paced technology innovation and the audio heritage of Bowers & Wilkins will allow us to create fantastic home entertainment experiences that make it easier and better for people to use the products they love.
We are looking to recruit a Transducer Engineer under the supervision of the transducer team leader, to support the research and development activities by designing high performance components and transducers in collaboration with our product development team. The role responsibilities are centered around simulation work, electroacoustics and mechanical measurements with a strong emphasis on measured and perceived performance for the design validation.
The Transducer Engineer will be part of the R&D multidisciplinary team, based in Steyning, West Sussex. The R&D team is responsible for the development of all B&W products, from headphones to active, wireless and passive loudspeakers.
Interfacing with the Product Development Engineers, the Transducer Engineer will be directly responsible for the following technical duties:
• Dimensioning and Finite element simulation of transducer components or assemblies (electromagnetic, mechanical & acoustical)
• Measurements of transducer & loudspeaker assemblies using the Klippel system and other systems currently available at B&W
• Document all above results, including the creation of working procedures and design guidelines
• Implementation of testing procedures for transducer components
• Contribute to the maintenance and improvements of our measurement capabilities and facilities
• Train other engineers on the use of COMSOL templates and Apps
• Perform any other technical duties as assigned
• Support sample building and process engineering at the development and mass production stage.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in acoustics, physics or electronic engineering
• Understanding of underlining physical principles of electrodynamic transducers, including non-linear effects
• Familiar with COMSOL finite element package (or equivalent)
• Working knowledge of the Klippel R&D system
• Understanding of the basic principle of sound radiation and room acoustics
• Ability to drive projects to completion
• Able to create and present test reports in a logical and accurate manner
• Working knowledge of the Klippel QC system
• Familiar with DFMA, DFMEA, FMEA
At Bowers & Wilkins we offer competitive rates of pay, 25 days holiday per year, group pension plan with 5% employer/employee contributions, private health care and life insurance.
You must be eligible to work and reside in the UK/EU.
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter and c.v to: email@example.com
Bowers & Wilkins are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
Please mention AES001045 when applying for this position.
B&W Group Ltd. was founded in 1966 and is based in Worthing, UK. They conduct research into acoustics and design, manufacture, and distribute loudspeaker systems for the domestic and professional markets. B&W Group companies also distribute Rotel, Classé, and i-Command brand products throughout Europe, North America, and China.