Posted On: 2017-6-13
Location: Steyning, West Sussex, England
Our founder, John Bowers, started this company in 1966 with a single loudspeaker and the vision, “if you create a better product, you will sell it.” Today, we are the market leaders in the premium audio category and are used by musicians and producers in the best studios in the world, from Abbey Road to Skywalker Studios. In May 2016, we ushered in a new era for Bowers & Wilkins through an acquisition by Silicon Valley startup, Eva Automation, led by Gideon Yu. Combining Eva’s culture of fast-paced technology innovation and the audio heritage of Bowers & Wilkins will allow us to create fantastic home entertainment experiences that make it easier and better for people to use the products they love.
The Transducer Test Engineer will be based in Steyning, West Sussex and will
fully support the transducer teams, testing during the multiple phases of drive unit development.
• Responsible (within the context of the transducer team) for the definition of power tests and production test setups for transducer and complete loudspeaker systems, liaising with both the transducer design team and the production team
• Provide ground support and training for the testing teams in production, including during pre-production phases (transducer reference selection, fault finding, measurement limit adjustments)
• Assist the transducer design team during the early design stage
• Suggest improvements to measurement setups and equipment
• Attend conferences & maintain up to date knowledge of measurement techniques
• Degree/MSc. or higher in a relevant field (Electroacoustic, Acoustics or Electronics)
• In depth understanding of electrodynamic transducer working principles
• In depth understanding of physical mechanisms behind transducer non-linear distortion and rub & buzz
• Familiarity with other audio testing equipment: Audio Precision, MLSSA, SoundCheck, Clio
• Understanding of acoustic measurement principles, microphone technologies, sweep method
• Experience of fault finding in transducers
• Direct experience of audio transducer testing using the Klippel system
At Bowers & Wilkins we offer competitive rates of pay, 25 days holiday per year, group pension plan with 5% employer/employee contributions, private health care and life insurance.
You must be eligible to work and reside in the UK/EU.
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter and c.v to: email@example.com
Bowers & Wilkins are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
Please mention AES001042 when applying for this position.
B&W Group Ltd. was founded in 1966 and is based in Worthing, UK. They conduct research into acoustics and design, manufacture, and distribute loudspeaker systems for the domestic and professional markets. B&W Group companies also distribute Rotel, Classé, and i-Command brand products throughout Europe, North America, and China.