Posted On: 2017-4-24
Location: Bridgend, Wales, UK
We are looking for an experienced Transducer Engineer to be based in the newly opened Design Centre in South Wales UK.
• Lead Transducer Design projects from initial customer product generation through to Mass Production ready designs.
• Design, build and evaluation of Transducers to meet Customer specs.
• Use of Loudspeaker simulation software e.g Comsol
• Use of loudspeaker measurement systems, e.g Soundcheck, Klippel DA.
• Close cooperation with China team, Co-Developing transducers with China team.
• Create BOM’s DFMEA’s and other key documents.
• Build relationships with customer engineers to ensure close working relationship and early adoption of TYM designs and tech
• Ongoing Customer interface for transducer projects (FAE)
• Domestic and international travel will be required up to 25% of the time
• Degree in Acoustics/Audio or equivalent transducer experience essential.
• Minimum 5 years of Transducer Design experience.
• High attention to detail
• Experience with acoustic system specification.
• Ability to Take the lead of Transducer design team.
• Experience in working with far eastern engineers a plus.
• Good conversationalist with good people skills.
• Strong self-management, able to drive projects.
• Self motivated, passionate about audio and music and have a genuine interest in loudspeaker design. The job holder will have a thorough knowledge of Transducer design principles and practices gained from both a good academic foundation and via practical application and experience.
• A creative and innovative thinker who has a proven track record in transforming concepts into realistic products which exceed market requirements.
• Ability to meet project deadlines through exceptional planning and organisational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Presentation skills are important as the job holder will be required to present to key stakeholders such as, internal senior level management, customers and suppliers.
• Experienced in mentoring or development of staff to enhance both the individual and the organisation.
Legally eligible to work in UK.
Able to travel globally if required.
Please contact/Send CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention AES001022 when applying for this position.
10F, No.19-2, Sanchong Rd.
Building D/Park1/Nankang Software Park
Nangang Dist., Taipei City 115
Tymphany designs and manufactures some of the most innovative consumer and professional audio systems on the market. The company also sells a full line of speaker drivers under the Peerless by Tymphany brand. The company’s roots go back to 1926 when Peerless was founded in Denmark. In the proceeding 90 years, Tymphany has grown to be a premiere audio ODM with over 3,000 employees. The company has worldwide sales and technical support, administered from Sausalito, California. Tymphany’s headquarters are based in Taiwan, with manufacturing facilities are located in China, with additional engineering facilities in Shenzhen, China and Taipei, Taiwan.