Posted On: 2017-3-27
Location: Warren, MI, USA
Key technical interface between the Premium Sound Solutions (PSS) development teams and the customer. The person resides at the customer’s office location (Warren, MI).
1. Acts as the key technical interface between PSS and the customer for all areas of loudspeaker/amplifier development using APQP processes and ensures customer expectations are clearly communicated to the PSS development teams
2. Develops in-depth understanding of customer specification and works with PSS development teams to evaluate and approve new loudspeaker design and design changes
3. Attends customer and internal meetings on-site or by teleconference as required and provides updates on project progress and issues
4. Maintains open issues lists and project documentation as needed to successfully closeout open issues in a timely manner.
5. Works with customer design teams to insure proper mechanical / electrical integration of PSS loudspeakers into the vehicle.
6. Handles change management with the customer and generates engineering work orders.
7. Develops strong engineering relationships with the customer and PSS development teams in order to support growth of new automotive business.
8. Visits customer manufacturing sites for trial builds and launches and provides support to the customer launch teams.
9. Provides assistance on demo vehicles that are required to demonstrate the acoustic performance of PSS products.
10. Travels domestically (up to 15%) and internationally (up to 10%) to support the product development process.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical, acoustic, or systems engineering.
2. Two to five years of related experience and/or training.
3. A self-starter, a team player and a good communicator.
4. Excellent verbal and written skills in English
5. Knowledge of MS office programs and strong presentation skills.
6. Willingness to work under pressure and manage several projects simultaneously.
7. Knowledge of loudspeaker design and acoustics is a plus.
8. Knowledge of General Motors automotive systems is a plus.
9. Fluent in Mandarin (Chinese) is a plus.
Please mention AES001017 when applying for this position.