- May 20, 2016
- April 22, 2016
AES Job Board: Harman International - Multiple Job Listings
Posted On: 2016-4-5
Location: Garching, Germany
- Design and Development of loudspeaker assemblies for automotive sound systems
- Acting as technical customer Interface to our European automotive customers
- Working with the Customer, Systems Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, Supplier Quality and Mechanical Engineering departments ensuring cross-functional, easily manufacturable, cost effective and high quality products meeting all customer expectations
- Active participation in the RFI/RFQ phase with concept development of loudspeaker designs with regards to all external and internal requirements
- Attending and supporting Peer to Peer Design Reviews, Customer Design Reviews and Project Reviews
- Analysis of technical specifications with feedback to customer
- Performing risk analysis (DFMEA, DRBFM) and feasibility studies
- Ensure proper maintenance of assigned existing and new transducer designs
- Creation of design specifications and technical reports as required
- Carrying out acoustical, electrical and magnetic simulations and measurements for loudspeakers
- Ensure on time completion of all Development related deliverables meeting timing and budget requirements
- Support departmental initiatives and activities as directed by the department supervisor
- University degree in Electrical or Acoustical Engineering or equivalent appropriate graduation
- Minimum 3 years experience in acoustic transducer design
- Thorough knowledge of electromechanical principles gained from both a good academic foundation and via practical application and experience
- Knowledge of state of the art loudspeaker measurement and simulation methods and systems
- Self motivated, passionate about audio and high sense of responsibility
- Excellent command of the German and English language
Please mention AES00860 when applying for this position.
Posted On: 2016-6-27
Location: Northridge, CA, USA
Transducer engineer for Harman Professional division in Northridge, California. Development of new transducers for professional applications such as touring sound line arrays, portable loudspeaker systems, installed sound systems, cinema loudspeakers and studio monitors. Working on new technologies including all aspects of transducer engineering – search for new materials for diaphragms, computer aided design (such as FEA) of all components of modern transducers for professional application. Working in a team of highly productive, knowledgeable, and inventive professionals. Having unlimited access to various modern testing equipment, computer simulation tools, and rapid prototyping machines – 3d printers. Taking projects from new ideas to introduction to manufacturing. Opportunity to patent new ideas and concepts – it is always welcomed and stimulated.
• Design, research, and development of new transducers for professional applications
• Development of loudspeaker prototypes, hands-on experience in assembling transducers
• Creation of 3D models with SolidWorks and working with mechanical engineers on transducers drawings
• Measurement and testing of loudspeaker samples and creating reports
• Providing technical advice and expertise to others members of the engineering department
• Providing sustaining engineering support to the factory
• Regular reports of design aspects and development status to local managers and engineering team
• Performing related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Acoustics, Physics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
• Good understanding of transducer physics including linear and nonlinear effects in electrodymanic and mechanical components
• Knowledge and experience in using CAD software such as SolidWorks
• Knowledge and experience using simulation and analysis software such as FEMM, ANSYS Workbench, Matlab, COMSOL, etc.
• Knowledge of loudspeaker measurement tools such as Klippel, Listen SoundCheck, MLSSA, LMS, etc.
• Knowledge of mechanical engineering basics, tolerances, plastic molding and die casting
• Proficiency in speaking and writing in English
• Ability to complete projects on time and to “get things done”
• Willingness and capability to learn
• Capability to work in a self-sustained mode
• Excellent communication skills and team player capabilities
• Masters degree in Acoustics, Physics, or Electronics
• 3+ years of experience in transducer design
• Understanding of manufacturing processes and quality control
• Knowledge of horn loudspeakers design
• Knowledge of loudspeaker systems design
Please Apply Directly: career012.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=90321&company=harman&username=...
Please mention AES00891 when applying for this position.
About Harman International
400 Atlantic St.
Stamford, CT 06901
Phone: +1 203 328 3500
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Harman (NYSE: HAR) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets— supported by 15 leading brands including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with Harman audio and infotainment systems. Harman has a workforce of about 13,400 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. Harman is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training, and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with Harman!