Posted On: 2016-6-27
Location: Northridge, CA, USA
Transducer engineer for Harman Professional division in Northridge, California. Development of new transducers for professional applications such as touring sound line arrays, portable loudspeaker systems, installed sound systems, cinema loudspeakers and studio monitors. Working on new technologies including all aspects of transducer engineering – search for new materials for diaphragms, computer aided design (such as FEA) of all components of modern transducers for professional application. Working in a team of highly productive, knowledgeable, and inventive professionals. Having unlimited access to various modern testing equipment, computer simulation tools, and rapid prototyping machines – 3d printers. Taking projects from new ideas to introduction to manufacturing. Opportunity to patent new ideas and concepts – it is always welcomed and stimulated.
• Design, research, and development of new transducers for professional applications
• Development of loudspeaker prototypes, hands-on experience in assembling transducers
• Creation of 3D models with SolidWorks and working with mechanical engineers on transducers drawings
• Measurement and testing of loudspeaker samples and creating reports
• Providing technical advice and expertise to others members of the engineering department
• Providing sustaining engineering support to the factory
• Regular reports of design aspects and development status to local managers and engineering team
• Performing related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Acoustics, Physics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
• Good understanding of transducer physics including linear and nonlinear effects in electrodymanic and mechanical components
• Knowledge and experience in using CAD software such as SolidWorks
• Knowledge and experience using simulation and analysis software such as FEMM, ANSYS Workbench, Matlab, COMSOL, etc.
• Knowledge of loudspeaker measurement tools such as Klippel, Listen SoundCheck, MLSSA, LMS, etc.
• Knowledge of mechanical engineering basics, tolerances, plastic molding and die casting
• Proficiency in speaking and writing in English
• Ability to complete projects on time and to “get things done”
• Willingness and capability to learn
• Capability to work in a self-sustained mode
• Excellent communication skills and team player capabilities
• Masters degree in Acoustics, Physics, or Electronics
• 3+ years of experience in transducer design
• Understanding of manufacturing processes and quality control
• Knowledge of horn loudspeakers design
• Knowledge of loudspeaker systems design
Please Apply Directly: career012.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=90321&company=harman&username=...
Please mention AES00891 when applying for this position.
Posted On: 2016-8-16
Location: Garching, Germany
Internship / Working Student (m/f) DSP in Garching near Munich, Germany
Evaluation and implementation of audio algorithms as VST plugins and/or embedded code
Setting up prototypes and technology demonstrations
Development and set-up of acoustical measurement equipment
Development of test and tuning methods
Bachelor eletrical engineering / communications engineering / audio engineering or similar course of studies
Competence in DSP, audio, acoustics
good knowledge of SW development with C, C++, Matlab
target-oriented style of work, team-player
good command of english, both written and spoken
communication talent in an international context
Please mention AES00898 when applying for this position.
400 Atlantic St.
Stamford, CT 06901
Phone: +1 203 328 3500
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Harman (NYSE: HAR) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets— supported by 15 leading brands including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with Harman audio and infotainment systems. Harman has a workforce of about 13,400 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. Harman is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training, and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with Harman!