- July 2, 2014
- June 4, 2014
AES Job Board: Harman International - Multiple Job Listings
Program Manager (m/f) - Car Audio Systems
Posted On: 2014-5-27
Location: Straubing, Bavaria, Germany
- Overall program responsibility for realization of Branded Audio Programs (Harman/Kardon, JBL etc.)
- Steering of international project teams
- Responsible to deliver the product according to agreed targets (schedule, product costs, budget costs, quality)
- Top level planning and controlling
- Align technical and commercial program targets with functional departments
- Responsible for Change Management process (incl. internal/external Change Control Boards)
- Technical interface towards one OEM-customer for all aspects of technical status, program progress and product alignment
- Responsible for transition from prototyping to production incl. ramp-up
- Active steering during RFI/RFQ-phase to compile feasibility studies and to complete product performance specifications and new business proposals
- Reporting towards customer and internally
- Program execution according to HARMAN Project Life Cycle Management Processes (PLM / PMI PM Book)
- University degree in engineering (Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering or appropriate graduation)
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm about Premium Automotive Audio Systems
- Multiple years experience in project or line management
- Experience to manage teams at multi locations and multi countries
- Knowledge in terms of methodologies in project management is a plus (e.g. PMP- / PMA certificates)
- Fluent technical and commercial German and English skills
- Ability to motivate and to communicate
- Willingness to travel
Please mention AES00633 when applying for this position.
Transducer Engineer (m/w)
Posted On: 2014-6-30
Location: Straubing, Regensburg area, Germany
Tasks & Responsibilites:
- Design and Development of loudspeaker assemblies for automotive sound systems.
- Acting as technical customer Interface to our European automotive customers
- Working with the Customer, Systems Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, Supplier Quality and Mechanical Engineering departments ensuring cross-functional, easily manufacturable, cost effective and high quality products meeting all customer expectations.
- Active participation in the RFI/RFQ phase with concept development of loudspeaker designs with regards to all external and internal requirements
- Attending and supporting Peer to Peer Design Reviews, Customer Design Reviews and Project Reviews
- Analysis of technical specifications with feedback to customer
- Performing risk analysis (DFMEA, DRBFM) and feasibility studies
- Ensure proper maintenance of assigned existing and new transducer designs
- Creation of design specifications and technical reports as required
- Carrying out acoustical, electrical and magnetic simulations and measurements for loudspeakers
- Ensure on time completion of all Development related deliverables meeting timing and budget requirements
- Support departmental initiatives and activities as directed by the department supervisor.
Skills & Requirements:
- University degree in Electrical or Acoustical Engineering or equivalent appropriate graduation
- Minimum 3 years experience in acoustic transducer design
- Thorough knowledge of electromechanical principles gained from both a good academic foundation and via practical application and experience
- Knowledge of state of the art loudspeaker measurement and simulation methods and systems
- Self motivated, passionate about audio and high sense of responsibility
- Excellent command of the German and English language
- Apply via our career site: http://jobs.harman.com/ Ref.nr: 26001
- Apply directly at: career012.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=26001&company=harman&username=...
Please mention AES00655 when applying for this position.
Sales Director, Western Region Embedded Audio
Posted On: 2014-7-25
Location: Palo Alto, CA, USA
A division of Harman International, Harman Embedded Audio, specializing in OEM/ODM acoustic products and technology development is currently seeking a Western Region Sales Director to lead our Business Unit’s revenue growth with customers located in the Western United States. This position will be based in our Palo Alto, California office. The key objective for this sales management role is to maximize the use of selling strategies and Marketing tools to drive the sales of our acoustic components and acoustic subassemblies to OEM and ODM and Branded Audio; targeting our largest and most strategic customers located in the Western Region of the United States. The position will manage and lead a team of Technical and inside sales employees located in the Palo Alto office.
This Western Region Sales Director will have direct responsibility to drive business growth across all customers in Embedded Audio’s largest and most strategic region, the US Western Region. This position will have an aggressive budget to maximize results and will directly lead the other sales employees to surpass established objectives. Currently, the Western Region has the top 5 accounts for OEM acoustic, including the largest customers in Silicon Valley. Additionally, this role will have significant focus and impact on project initiatives for the global Embedded Audio business.
•Implement strategic sales planning, targets and tools to monitor sales achievements for the Western Region.
•Responsible for the development of sales programs for various channels.
•Participate in developing and updating Harman product choices for different sales channels and customers
•Support Customer programs with detailed account management support, supply plan creation, price negotiations, quotation preparation, etc.
•Research the competitive environment and regularly update Harman leadership to the strategy changes in the competitors’ business.
•Develop strategic partnerships with existing customers and other market players
•Lead a sales team located in Palo Alto and subsequent Western Region offices – monitoring their performance as required by Harman processes.
•Define the pricing, marketing promotional channels and channels of sales.
•Prepare monthly sales performance reports by customer account and plans to address potential shortfalls
•Work with Global Director of Sales and General Manager to establish annual sales goals
•Provide engineering staff with expectations of program needs in support of new design wins
•Represents Harman at industry trade shows and conferences
•Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering) preferred.
•Minimum 10+ years experience in sales management with a proven track record of growing and sustaining sales revenue.
•Experience in forecasting, analysis, sales and promotions related to acoustics products.
•Preferred to have a working knowledge of manufacturing processes in China.
•Prior experience in the design and/or sale of acoustic/audio products.
•Ability to work effectively within a matrix environment
•Willingness to travel 40% of the time
•Willingness to work in an office in Palo Alto, CA
•HARMAN will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Submit your resume and apply directly at:
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation
Please mention AES00661 when applying for this position.
Sr. Software Engineer
Posted On: 2014-7-30
Location: Seoul, Korea
I am searching for a candidate with the following qualifications:
Must have 5+ years experience in embedded system software development in C/C++
Must have Audio/Multimedia/DSP software development experience
Must have excellent communication skill in English (written and verbal)
Automotive CAN experience preferred.
Automotive experience, Hyundai and Kia experience preferred
HW development and/or troubleshooting experience preferred
Test Engineering experience preferred
Automotive industry or other QS9000 compliant work experience preferred.
Please mention AES00663 when applying for this position.
Program Manager - Lifestyle Division
Posted On: 2014-7-31
Location: Northridge, CA, USA
Manages two to four Embedded Audio programs requiring both application and development engineering.
Defines tasks to be performed by cross-functional teams in developing systems. Teams are typically comprised of no more than 5-10 members.
Follows corporate product development (or applications) process. Ensures the compliance of team members.
Understands all of the technical detail of the products used in all systems, both electrical and mechanical.
Approves requirements and technical solutions for meeting requirements for all development products.
Establishes and manages program budget. Coordinates with sales, supplier engineering and design engineering to set and meet systems cost targets. Identifies areas of uncertainty and develops contingency plans for mitigating cost overruns in worst case scenarios.
Works with design engineering to develop development timeline.
Interacts with all internal functions: design engineering, manufacturing, quality, purchasing, marketing, and sales.
Negotiates resource allocations with functional managers and other program managers.
Identifies program issues and drives resolution at team level. As necessary, escalates to appropriate management level along with recommended solutions.
Serves as the lead program interface with customers.
Reviews selected suppliers and quotes. Participates in supplier reviews/selection as appropriate.
Coordinates and oversees ordering of prototype and production tooling.
Business Competence – Ten or more years of related experience in program management, sales, quality, design engineering, process engineering or materials.
Management competence – Required experience in providing leadership to cross-functional teams with an emphasis of leadership by example. Strong communication skills, teaching and coaching skills, and well structured time management skills.
Consumer electronics experience – Experience working with major consumer electronics or products company.
BS Degree or equivalent experience is required
Strategically and operationally strong – Ability to synthesize complex information into a simple strategy and then execute and communicate against this strategy.
Strong consumer products orientation – Keen understanding of consumer wants and needs that can be effectively applied to creating market-winning sales strategies.
Solid planning and organization skills – Ability to manage complex projects and schedules necessary with this Program Management role.
Good collaboration skills – Ability to effectively collaborate with people and teams from all functions within
Harman plus full range of industry consumer customers.
Demonstrated creativity and out-of-the box thinking –
Constantly pushing new ideas and programs to solve sales and market challenges.
Business acumen – Solid business and financial background.
Willingness to travel 20% of the time.
Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test.
Please contact Debbie Noetzel at email@example.com
or apply to the Harman Talent Center at
Please mention AES00664 when applying for this position.
About Harman International
400 Atlantic St.
Stamford, CT 06901
Phone: +1 203 328 3500
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Harman (NYSE: HAR) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets— supported by 15 leading brands including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with Harman audio and infotainment systems. Harman has a workforce of about 13,400 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. Harman is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training, and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with Harman!