- June 30, 2015
- April 24, 2015
AES Job Board: Harman International - Multiple Job Listings
Acoustic Systems Engineer (m/f)
Posted On: 2015-6-5
Location: Cologne, Germany
• Design and Development of automotive sound systems
• Carrying out tuning of automotive audio systems
• Analysing transducer and amplifier packaging for optimal performance of sound systems
• Acting as technical customer Interface to our European automotive customers
• Working with the Customer, Transducer Engineering, Amplifier Engineering, Advanced Engineering, Simulation and Modeling, Manufacturing, Sales, Supplier Quality and Mechanical Engineering departments ensuring cross-functional, cost effective and high quality audio systems meeting all customer expectations
• Active participation in the RFI/RFQ phase with concept development of system designs and architectures with regards to all external and internal requirements
• Attending and supporting Peer to Peer Design Reviews, Customer Design Reviews and Project Reviews
• Analysis of technical specifications with feedback to customer
• Performing feasibility studies
• Creation of design specifications and technical reports as required
• Ensure on time completion of all Development related deliverables meeting timing and budget requirements
• Support departmental initiatives and activities as directed by the departments supervisor
• University degree in Electrical or Acoustical Engineering or equivalent appropriate graduation
• Minimum 5 years experience in automotive audio system design
• Thorough knowledge of acoustical principles gained from both a good academic foundation and via practical application and experience
• Knowledge of state of the art audio system measurement and simulation methods and systems
• Self motivated, passionate about audio and high sense of responsibility
• Excellent command of the German and English language
Please mention AES00763 when applying for this position.
Advanced DSP Systems Engineer
Posted On: 2015-6-18
Location: Novi, MI, USA
• Develop and integrate audio DSP algorithms for the automotive, consumer and mobile environment.
• Develop VST and MATLAB-based DSP projects.
• Program various floating point and fixed point embedded DSP architectures.
• Port and optimize DSP algorithms to various DSP’s.
• Co-develop and work within complex, multi-thread, multi-processor architectures and audio frameworks to integrate DSP algorithms and control structures.
• Investigate new DSP audio related technologies and best practices.
• Author comprehensive technical documentation for DSP features and applied technologies.
• Create IP for systems, components and technologies for use within the automotive, consumer and mobile environment.
• Monitor and evaluate new technologies suitable for applications in embedded systems.
• Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translate these into software designs. Identify product requirements or performance issues.
• Work with software team leaders to negotiate resolution of issues.
• Establish and coordinate activities with third party developers and contractors.
• Communicate with peers inside the HARMAN group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
• Oversee and coordinate software development activities with software team leaders.
• Participate in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program life cycles.
• Manage small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating, and follow through.
• Working knowledge of C/C++ and MATLAB
• Extensive audio and/or acoustics experience
• Working knowledge of Visual Studio, Code Composer Studio, and/or Visual DSP
• Working knowledge of DSP software and hardware development and tools (SDK’s, EVM’s, etc)
• Working knowledge of embedded operating systems (schedulers, memory management, driver models, RTOS concepts, etc.)
• Specific experience in DSP applications for audio engineering, acoustical engineering, psycho-acoustics, and/or recording arts
• Experience with software version control and archiving systems
• Basic technical writing skills
• BS in Engineering (Master’s preferred)
• Passion for audio and music
• Experience with customer interfacing, public speaking and presentations
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
• Working knowledge of filtering, audio codecs, speech processing, psychoacoustics, noise control and telecommunications algorithms
• Working knowledge of personal computing and mobile device platforms including Windows, OS X, Android and iOS
• Working knowledge of QNX or Embedded Linux
• Working knowledge of digital communication protocols: I2C, I2S, SPI, UART, USB, BT, A2B, AVB
• Working knowledge of automotive networks: CAN, LIN, Ethernet, TCP/IP, MOST
• Experience developing and debugging Java software applications (JDK, Eclipse)
• Creative, visionary thinking capability
Please mention AES00778 when applying for this position.
About Harman International
400 Atlantic St.
Stamford, CT 06901
Phone: +1 203 328 3500
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Harman (NYSE: HAR) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets— supported by 15 leading brands including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with Harman audio and infotainment systems. Harman has a workforce of about 13,400 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. Harman is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training, and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with Harman!