Posted On: 2017-3-3
Location: Northridge, CA, USA
Harman International is looking for a talented, creative, and highly motivated digital signal processing engineer to work with the Center of Competence Audio R&D Group to design, develop and prototype advanced digital audio applications for consumer and automotive audio and electronics products.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibility
- Design innovative audio algorithms to perform advanced audio processing in Matlab and Virtual Studio Technology (VST).
- Porting and implementing DSP software modules for consumer home audio applications using assembly languages/C/C++.
- Hands-on experience in DSP composer tools, assembly language, real-time audio processing and simulation.
- Knowledge of digital filter design, systems theory and psychoacoustics.
- Analog and mixed signal hardware design experience is a plus.
·Experience with mobile platforms like iOS and Android is highly desired.
·Experience in reading and understanding the electronics schematics and layouts, operating digital scopes and other test equipment is also highly desired.
·Familiarity with sound recording/editing software tools, audio measurement tools, and critical listening skills.
·The candidate must be self-motivated, have excellent communication skills, and be willing to work with a team of engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- MS degree with 3+ years experience
- Clear and strategic thinker; proven experience in translating strategies into actionable plans
- Capable of handling multiple projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization
- Must not only adapt, but must champion new and more efficient methods and techniques to meet the needs of the company
- Must treat all external and internal customers with utmost respect, understanding that they have different needs.
- Develop relationships with other departments based on honest communication, mutual respect and teamwork.
- Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them
- Takes ownership for personal career and skill development
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Willingness to travel 5% of the time
- Willingness to work in an office in Northridge, CA
- HARMAN will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Please mention AES00998 when applying for this position.
400 Atlantic St.
Stamford, CT 06901
Phone: +1 203 328 3500
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Harman (NYSE: HAR) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets— supported by 15 leading brands including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with Harman audio and infotainment systems. Harman has a workforce of about 13,400 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. Harman is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training, and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with Harman!