- March 17, 2015
- February 11, 2015
AES Job Board: Harman International - Multiple Job Listings
Senior Acoustic Research Engineer
Posted On: 2014-12-12
Location: Northridge, CA, USA
Work as a member of a team of acoustic/psychoacoustic researchers for key R&D projects associated with improving the performance of headphones, loudspeakers and their interaction with consumer, professional and automotive listening spaces.
•Collaborate with researchers and engineers in Harman Lifestyle to develop better design and test methodologies and tools for home and car audio system design.
•Collaborate with researchers and engineers in Harman Pro to develop better loudspeaker systems and methodologies for in-situ optimization of professional systems.
•Responsible for developing and collaborating with cross-HARMAN synergy in the areas of audio system design (including loudspeakers, amplifiers and DSP)
•Lead cross-HARMAN technology initiatives for new and novel loudspeaker characterization and car/room/venue tuning methodologies.
•Collaborate with Universities and outside organizations in the development of new loudspeaker technologies.
•Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or Mechanical Engineering, Acoustics or similar).
•1-5 years experience in Loudspeaker and/or transducer Research and Development
•Advanced degree- MS, PhD- and Acoustics curriculum/research without industry experience will be considered
•In-depth understanding of loudspeaker and loudspeaker-room measurements and measurement methodologies and how they are psycho-acoustically relevant.
•Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
•Experience in the following technological areas:
Loudspeaker Systems development.
Audio Systems development.
Automotive audio system development
Distributed team product development.
•Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Acoustical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
•Excellent presentation skills.
•Excellent critical-listening skills.
•Experience in two or more of the following technological areas:
Digital Signal Processing
•Willingness to travel 10% of the time.
•Willingness to work in an office in Northridge, California.
•Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY HERE:
Please mention AES00716 when applying for this position.
Simulation Engineer - Acoustics
Posted On: 2015-3-24
Location: Straubing, Germany
- Develop new algorithms for whole HARMAN for audio and acoustic simulation until rollout phase
- Drive the innovation and ideation process for audio simulations
- Develop new concepts for simulation features
- Simulate the new audio features in Matlab for a proof of concept
- Build up simulation demos to show the performance and features
- Patent your ideas with the help of patent attorneys
- Work together with the global audio team at HARMAN
- Profound knowledge of acoustics, audio, algorithms, DSP
- Profound knowledge audio and acoustic simulation methods
- Profound mathematical skills
- Profound knowledge of SW development, SW architecture
- Broad knowledge of audio technologies like speakers, amplifiers, audio in cars
- Broad knowledge of simulation tools especially Comsol
- Good intercultural experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands on mentality and highly self motivated
- Ability to work in a start up like organization embedded in a big audio company
- Passionate about Audio
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY HERE:
Please mention AES00751 when applying for this position.
About Harman International
400 Atlantic St.
Stamford, CT 06901
Phone: +1 203 328 3500
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Harman (NYSE: HAR) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets— supported by 15 leading brands including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with Harman audio and infotainment systems. Harman has a workforce of about 13,400 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. Harman is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training, and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with Harman!