- November 26, 2013
- October 29, 2013
AES Job Board
Rycote Microphone Windshields Ltd. - Acoustics Engineer
Posted On: 2013-10-10
Location: Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK
We currently have an opportunity for an Acoustics Engineer to join our Technical Support & Product Development team based in Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK. Our team responds to technical queries raised by customers, produces technical documentation to assist users, and supports new product development and product enhancements.
In this role you along with provide customer technical support, you will assist with the design and implementation of high quality and highly reliable microphones windshields and shock mounts. Our team supports new product development teams by designing, building and evaluating prototypes, performing experiments, and generating documentation for a variety of different current and new Rycote products.
Additional duties will include:
· Helping customers solve technical issues with any of Rycote products
· Answering questions from customers and prospective customers about the features and capabilities of Rycote products.
· Assist in the making and testing of working models of various design concepts
· Develops an understanding, from a theoretical and practical view, of the typical materials and designs used in Rycote products
· Assists in the improvement of productivity and quality of existing designs
· Provides support to manufacturing by resolving technical issues associated with components, parts, products or systems
· Ability to solve problems based on the analysis of the situation and exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
You will work in a fun and creative environment with a talented group of individuals that have a passion for providing the best microphone windshields and shock mounts to the broadcast industry. The job is solely based in the Rycote offices & factory in Stroud, Gloucestershire.
To be considered for this position we will require a Bachelor’s degree in Acoustical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field and a minimum of two years of experience in acoustics and the factors that affect the performance of various designs.
To apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention AES00577 when applying for this position.
About Rycote Microphone Windshields Ltd.
Slad Road, Stroud
Rycote Microphone Windshields Ltd., manufactures microphone suspension systems and windshielding (windscreening) equipment for the professional audio industry. The company designs and manufactures all its products in-house from its offices in Stroud, UK and has a worldwide network of distributors. It also provides many products on an OEM basis to leading microphone and camera manufacturers. The company develops many of its products in response to customers’ demands and carries out or commissions research of wind and vibration-induced noise. The company is family run and owned and was established in 1969.