Posted On: 2017-3-10
Location: Begbroke, Oxford, UK
Conditions: Full Time, Salaried
• Supporting product manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic Broadcast Product Specialist to complement our established product team. The ideal candidate will have experience in the broadcast audio industry and a strong understanding of the principles of audio and networking technology. The position includes both a technical and commercial focus, as part of the product team interaction with all areas of the business will be commonplace. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be a good communicator with excellent time management skills. You should be able to plan ahead, comfortable working to tight deadlines and demonstrate a consistently high level of attention to detail in everything you do. This position demands a high degree of flexibility and involves significant international travel.
• Demonstrations of SSL’s broadcast product range through in house demonstration, roadshows, on-site evaluation and exhibitions
• Technical planning and participation in proof of concept demonstration and interoperability validation activities
• Pre sales assistance with system configuration and specification for sales team, distributors and clients
• Post sales operational and system configuration training for SSL sales and support personnel
• Providing market and customer feedback to the Product Manager
• Competitor product analysis
• Pre-release hardware & software testing
• Broadcast engineering experience of digital audio mixing consoles and digital audio distribution
• Understanding of broadcast system integration
• Understanding of network technology and configuration
• Experience of AoIP technologies, in particular Dante and AES67
• Understanding of the current broadcast IP technology landscape for both audio and video
• An understanding of the broadcast purchase process
• Experience of competition analysis and producing market landscapes
• Experience of Microsoft, Google and Adobe product suites.
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Product presentation and training experience
• Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
• Other European language abilities an advantage
• Flexible schedule and willingness to travel internationally at short notice on a regular basis
• Additional TV and film post production experience advantageous
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also state your current salary and availability.
To apply for this position, you must already have the right to work in the UK.
Please mention AES001010 when applying for this position.
25 Springhill Road
Solid State Logic Ltd. is the world’s leading manufacturer of analog and digital audio consoles and provider of creative tools for broadcast, music, and postproduction professionals. SSL’s product range include digital broadcast consoles, broadcast audio routing and resource sharing systems, analog consoles with integral DAW control, outboard processors and I/O devices, DSP powered Plug-ins, software products, and the Gravity video asset management system.