- October 8, 2015
- August 20, 2015
AES Job Board
KEF Audio (UK) Limited - Signal Processing and Acoustical Engineer
Posted On: 2015-8-17
Location: Maidstone, Kent, UK
KEF AUDIO is acknowledged world wide as a leading manufacturer of high quality loudspeakers. With emphasis on technical excellence and innovation, the company provides leading edge products to the hi-fi and home theatre markets as well as the emerging new media segment.
Founded in 1961, the company enjoys a reputation for engineering excellence and is one of the few in the field to develop and manufacture all of its own technology, filing many patents and presenting many papers over the years. Sharing its own pure research facility with its sister company, Celestion International, which has a strong reputation as a leader in the field of OEM drive units for guitar and PA, allows KEF to benefit from advanced tools and technologies that are the envy of rivals around the world.
Signal Processing and Acoustical Engineer
Maidstone, Kent, United Kingdom
• The development of signal processing algorithms and techniques for loudspeaker systems, transducers and headphones
• Research on related topics
• The development of software tools for acoustical modelling and measurement
• Advanced knowledge of audio signal processing techniques
• Advanced Matlab user and a competent C user
• Advanced knowledge of theoretical acoustics
• Passionate about sound quality and skilled in critical listening
• Methodical and scientific approach to any technical problem
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Ability to innovate and bring new ideas into products
• M.Sc. or PhD. in an appropriate technical discipline
• Experience of programming on DSP hardware
• OO software development experience (preferably in Java or C++)
• Familiar with version control systems (SVN, CVS etc)
• Linux user
• Experience working with advanced acoustical computer modelling methods (FEA or BEA)
• Experience in acoustical measurements
• CAD competence in 2D or 3D
Please send applications to: email@example.com
Please mention AES00790 when applying for this position.
About KEF Audio (UK) Limited
KEF Audio (UK) Limited has manufactured high-quality loudspeaker drive units and systems since 1961, having just celebrated its 50th anniversary. These products are exported throughout the world to audiophile and home-cinema markets. KEF is continuing its long standing contribution to loudspeaker technology by using numerical and analytic techniques to design coincident source loudspeakers based on its Uni-Q design which can now achieve rigid piston motion and directivity control over an extended frequency range.