- July 2, 2014
- June 4, 2014
AES Job Board: Dolby Laboratories, Inc. - Multiple Job Listings
Dolby Open Day / March 27 (Thursday)
Posted On: 2014-3-26
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
If you create software or analyze its quality, meet us and experience our technology at Dolby Labs! Dolby sound and imaging technologies were thought to bring you the most exciting and intense entertainment experience at home, in the cinema, at work and on the go. We are best known for high-quality audio and surround sound in cinema. We create the same standards in other environments, from the living room to mobile devices used everywhere. Our innovations enrich your life! Please, book your time on March 27th (Thursday), 15:00 - 20:00, and come to our office at Green Towers, Building A (Srubowa 1) Admission is free but due to limited space, please REGISTER at: http://dolby.com/wroclaw
Please mention AES00622 when applying for this position.
Internship - Modeling computational complexity of DSP algorithms
Posted On: 2014-4-24
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
In order to enable new technologies within next generation devices, such as Digital TV’s and Set Top Boxes, it is essential that the embedded processors that are built into such devices deliver the computational performance that allows these new algorithms to run in real-time.
Because the landscape of embedded processors (IC’s) is quite wide it is not straightforward to understand the exact performance of an audio signal processing algorithm on all the different IC’s.
In this project you’ll be tasked to develop a model that enables engineers within Dolby to predict how the computational complexity of a certain signal processing algorithm (that is characterized a set of parameters) scales on embedded platforms about which certain characteristics are known.
• Understand the principle architectures of relevant embedded processors
• Experiment with various algorithms, processors and associated tool-chains in order to develop an empirical or mathematical model that can be used to predict how computational complexity scales with algorithmic complexity.
• Conclude the research investigations by writing a manual on how to use the developed model.
• Being a student in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
• Good digital signal processing (DSP) knowledge.
• An understanding of embedded processor architectures
• Practical experiences with performance analysis on embedded platforms (like TI or ARM) is a plus
• Good communications skills in German and/or English.
To apply: e-dolby.icims.com/jobs/2373/internship---modeling-computational-complexity-of-dsp-algorith...+Boards&iisn=Audio-Engineering-Society
Please mention AES00627 when applying for this position.
Posted On: 2014-4-25
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you will see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including experts in evolving broadcast technology.
As a QA Engineer, you will test software that enables the next generation of Dolby technologies. You will lead the design of complex QA test environments as well as lead the design and execution of all tests needed.
• Plan and develop subjective and objective voice tests that stress the algorithms and demonstrate performance in customer use cases
• Identifies and implements opportunities for objective, standards based voice tests using Head Acoustics analysis systems.
• Defines and implements subjective tests as required
• Develops voice source and environmental noise files for product testing throughout the development life cycle
• Develops test and evaluation procedures and ensures that requirements are met.
• Methodically plans and documents test procedures and methods.
• Produces accurate reports and analysis of acoustical systems and audio & voice processing technologies.
• Develops test techniques to enable apples-to-apples comparisons of audio and voice processing technologies
• Conduct early project scoping including collaboration with research, marketing, and development teams, review of proposed technologies, development of test strategies, and contribution of proposals for testability.
• Provide team leadership including project planning, resource loading, task allocation, test progress monitoring, and resource training and development.
• Lead test planning including test design, test coverage, test approach, resource requirements, budget requirements, scheduling, risk assessment, and report metrics.
• Design and implement new test methods to address next generation capabilities in our products.
• Design, set up, configure and maintain software testing labs and environments.
• Utilize and adapt existing test automation tools.
• Report issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues/bugs.
• Lead bug review meetings and analyze bug status data and metrics.
• Anticipate and mitigate test and project issues.
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
Consolidated experience in SQA, including designing and implementing complex test plans and test cases.
3+ years in an electro-acoustic testing role, voice preferred
1+ years’ experience with Head Acoustics, Listen-SoundCheck, Audio Precision, Bruel & Kjaer Telephone, or similar test systems
Ability to use visual and audio skills to judge voice quality results
Excellent knowledge of and experience with current SQA industry tools and best practices.
Demonstrated skills in multiple test design techniques.
Professional experience programming in scripting languages such as Python, TCL, Perl, Batch, and/or Bash.
Familiarity with standard bug reporting tools such as Jira, Bugzilla, or DevTrack.
Professional experience in Networking Area especially VOIP, TCP/IP, Routing, Switching
Experience with Call Managers, SBC Gateway, Conference Server is a plus
Basic/testing knowledge about audio and codecs
Deep understanding of SIP, RTP, RTCP protocols
Knowledge of Security such as IPSec, TLS, DTLS tunnels
Experience in testing Apps on Android and IOS
Proven experience testing in multiple software environments like Windows, Unix/Linux, Android, etc.
Excellent oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills, and a thorough approach to problem solving.
Excellent oral and written English language skills.
To apply: https://e-dolby.icims.com/jobs/2387/qa-engineer/job?mode=apply&iis=Job+Boards&iisn=Audio-Engineering-Society
Please mention AES00628 when applying for this position.
Staff Researcher: Audio and Acoustics Signal Processing
Posted On: 2014-5-14
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. As a member of the Dolby team, you will see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do this, we need the absolute best talent, including experts in emerging audio signal processing and acoustics technologies.
This position is in Dolby’s Sound Technology Research Group, and the successful candidate will join the R&D team in Dolby’s Barcelona office.
The work involves the creation and refinement of innovative audio signal processing technologies from conception through proof of concept and first reduction to practice. It also involves close collaboration with other R&D staff, as well as opportunities to develop and propose independent ideas for investigation. We are seeking a self-motivated, highly talented team player that is interested in applying his/her skills to enhance audio delivery and reproduction from content creation to consumer device playback. Research results will be evaluated through objective performance metrics and subjective listening tests. We work in teams that interact with other internal groups in multiple geographies as well as potential customers of the technology.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following skills or background.
• Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics or Computer Science, with 3 years of algorithm development experience; or corresponding MS degrees, with 5 years of algorithm development experience.
• Demonstrated, in the form of technical papers, products, and/or patents:
o strong ability to create fundamentally new audio signal processing technologies,
o know-how on innovative transducer technology for capturing and creating sound fields,
o proficiency in the advanced theory and application of digital audio processing and filterbanks.
• Proficiency in MATLAB and C/C++ language programming
• Strong interest and curiosity in learning, researching and creating new audio processing technologies
• Team-oriented work ethic
• Excellent communication skills
To apply please click on the link below:
Please mention AES00632 when applying for this position.
About Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
100 Potrero Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94103
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) is the global leader in technologies that are essential elements in the best entertainment experiences. Founded in 1965 and best known for high-quality audio and surround sound, Dolby creates innovations that enrich entertainment at the movies, at home, or on the go. For more information about Dolby Laboratories or Dolby technologies, please visit www.dolby.com.