- May 20, 2016
- April 22, 2016
AES Job Board: Dolby Laboratories, Inc. - Multiple Job Listings
Staff Researcher_Audio Processing Technologies
Posted On: 2016-4-8
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. As a member of the Dolby team, you will see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do this, we need the absolute best talent, including experts in emerging audio signal processing and acoustics technologies.
This position is in Dolby’s Sound Technology Research Group and involves the creation and refinement of innovative audio signal processing technologies from conception through proof of concept and first reduction to practice. Primary research focus areas include perceptual audio coding, parametric audio coding, and psychoacoustic modeling. Secondary research topics fall within the broader field of audio and acoustics signal processing. This role requires close collaboration with other R&D staff, and includes opportunities for proposing new research directions and project leadership. We are seeking a self-motivated, highly talented team player that is interested in applying his/her skills to enhance audio delivery and reproduction from content creation to consumer device playback. Research results will be evaluated through objective performance metrics and subjective listening tests. We work in teams that interact with other internal groups in multiple geographies as well as potential customers of the technology.
Candidates must have these skills or background.
* Ph.D. Electrical Engineering with development experience, or MS Electrical Engineering with 2 years of algorithm development experience
* Demonstrated strong ability to create fundamentally new audio signal processing technologies in the form of technical papers, products, and/or patents
* Proficient in the advanced theory and application of digital audio processing and filterbanks
* Strong interest and curiosity in learning, researching and creating new audio processing technologies
* Team-oriented work ethic
* Excellent communication skills
* Proficient in MATLAB and C/C++ language programming
* Expertise in all of the following:
o Perceptual and parametric audio coding theory, methods, and standards
o Psychoacoustic modeling
o Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as linear algebra, probability and statistics, number theory, and information theory
Please apply directly to the following link and your resume will be read immediately:
Please mention AES00862 when applying for this position.
Senior Research Engineer
Posted On: 2016-4-26
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, a team-oriented research environment, interesting and challenging projects, and great compensation and benefits.
This research engineer position in Stockholm, Sweden, focuses on the creation of audio signal processing technologies including a broad range of research from the underlying theoretical concepts to the development of prototypes that provide a proof of concept. As a part of an international team, you will explore new horizons in the field of audio signal processing, such as audio analysis, audio coding, spatial capture and rendering, media intelligence, etc. Applications include pre-processing, coding and post-processing solutions in market areas such as consumer electronics, mobile, broadcast, PC and digital cinema applications.
Knowledge & Skills
You should be a highly motivated individual keen on applying your skills and a fundamental understanding of the way that sound sources are captured, coded, enhanced, and played back using digital signal processing techniques.
• MS in Electrical Engineering, or similar, with focus on digital signal processing with a few years of relevant research and/or development experience
• Experience in the following fields: Audio signal processing, psychoacoustics, electroacoustic, audio for gaming, mobile audio applications
• Good programming skills in Matlab, C/C++, Python, etc. for digital signal processing
• Strong personal interest in sound technologies and in learning, researching, and creating relevant new technologies with commercial impact
• Ability to go from idea to working concept
• Interest in the practical aspects of audio capture/recording and playback. Experience from development of plug-ins etc. for recording software is a plus
• Understanding of general acoustics
• Team-oriented work ethic and interest in working in international teams
• Independent, self-motivated, proactive with positive thinking, focused on possibilities and solutions
• Excellent communication skills. Fluent in English.
If you are interested, please apply online at http://www.dolby.com/us/en/about/careers/landing.html (Job ID 16882) with your CV as well as a cover letter including your possible starting date and salary expectations.
Please mention AES00867 when applying for this position.
About Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
1275 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) is the global leader in technologies that are essential elements in the best entertainment experiences. Founded in 1965 and best known for high-quality audio and surround sound, Dolby creates innovations that enrich entertainment at the movies, at home, or on the go. For more information about Dolby Laboratories or Dolby technologies, please visit www.dolby.com.