- November 9, 2015
- October 8, 2015
AES Job Board: Dolby Laboratories, Inc. - Multiple Job Listings
Field Applications Engineer
Posted On: 2015-9-29
Location: Munich, Germany
Our Sales and Marketing office for the Central European Region is based in Munich and drives all the initiatives around business and market development. The home base for the position is Munich with travel across Europe and periodical visits to the head quarter in San Francisco.
Reporting to the Central European Sales organization, this role is responsible for providing technical support for customers in the E-Media and Automotive segments in Europe, with a thorough understanding of Dolby technologies and detailed knowledge of applications for defined market segment(s).
• Provide technical support in direct account meetings, events and customer visits
• Deliver systems-level analysis and advice to existing and potential customers
• Present technical briefings of existing and forthcoming Dolby technologies
• Deliver licensee and partner training and provide local technical support
• Support new and existing customers in submitting products for successful approval
• Provide technical analysis of product test results and recommend necessary changes to ensure successful test completion
• Interface with engineering departments at customers and potential customers in defined market areas and applications. Establish and / or maintain relationships
• Manage the day-to-day communication in defined market areas on technical issues, communicating with Dolby’s Engineering in headquarters and following-up outstanding technical and licensing issues both internally and with customers.
• Assist immediate team members and contribute to marketing and PR initiatives.
• Perform tasks necessary to complete performance objectives
• Assist regional account and marketing team members as needed
• Perform other ad hoc duties as required by management
• Technical degree in engineering or equivalent
• Proven track record in relevant technical experience with field application experience, supporting customers implementing technical audio/video solutions in electronic products (4 – 5 years)
• Ideally, experience should come from working for a semi-conductor company (i.e. supporting companies making finished goods from their ICs) or for a 3rd party audio/video technology vendor
• Knowledge of audio technology is highly desirable, as is a thorough technical understanding of video technology
• Demonstrably excellent technical ability with good communication, presentation and organization skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English and German
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Interest in video, music or games desirable
• International travel and work experience desirable
• This position requires regular travel.
Please mention AES00797 when applying for this position.
QA Software Test Engineer
Posted On: 2015-10-26
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including insatiably curious engineers and scientists. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a Software Test Engineer in the Dolby Content Creation group, the qualified candidate will test software that enables the next generation of Dolby Cinema and Home Theatre technologies. You will design, specify, create and maintain the QA test environment as well as design write and execute tests. Special emphasis will be put on writing and maintaining automatic tests with scripting languages such as Python.
The candidate will work from the Barcelona (Spain) office and will team up with local and remote software developers and testers.
• Work with senior engineers to establish and document product test plans.
• Implement and conduct cost-effective comprehensive regression and product tests to ensure product requirements are met.
• Utilize and adapt existing test automation tools.
• Report issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues/bugs.
• Setup, configure, and maintain software test labs and test environments.
• Work closely with beta testing sites, reproduce bugs from the field and report them with clarity.
• Give critical advice on when a product is ready to be released.
• Stay abreast of industry software testing tools and best practices.
• Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Electronics Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• Experience with software testing tools and best practices on designing complex test plans and test cases.
• Experience with scripting using Python.
• Experience with languages such as Perl Batch and, optionally, with compiled languages such as C, C++ or Java. is a plus.
• Familiarity with standard bug reporting tools such as Jira, Bugzilla, or ClearQuest.
• Experience with various software environments like Windows, Linux and OS X, including Unix/Linux terminals.
• Ability to achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced engineering environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication in English, time management and organizational skills, and a thorough approach to problem solving.
• Knowledge of audio signal processing concepts is a plus.
• Knowledge of professional audio workflows is a plus.
• A passion for audio and media production and tools such as Avid Pro Tools is a plus
Please mention AES00804 when applying for this position.
Posted On: 2015-10-26
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Incredible opportunity to work in Dolby's new World-class studios in our brand new HQ in San Francisco. Looking for a seasoned surround mixer from the Film, Broadcast, or game world, with immersive audio experience preferred.
Please mention AES00805 when applying for this position.
Staff Researcher, Sound Technology Research
Posted On: 2015-11-3
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. As a member of the Dolby team, you will see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do this, we need the absolute best talent, including experts in emerging audio signal processing and acoustics technologies.
This position is in Dolby’s Sound Technology Research Group and involves the creation and refinement of innovative audio signal processing technologies from conception through proof of concept and first reduction to practice. Primary research focus areas include perceptual audio coding, parametric audio coding, and psychoacoustic modeling. Secondary research topics fall within the broader field of audio and acoustics signal processing. This role requires close collaboration with other R&D staff, and includes opportunities for proposing new research directions and project leadership. We are seeking a self-motivated, highly talented team player that is interested in applying his/her skills to enhance audio delivery and reproduction from content creation to consumer device playback. Research results will be evaluated through objective performance metrics and subjective listening tests. We work in teams that interact with other internal groups in multiple geographies as well as potential customers of the technology.
Candidates must have these skills or background.
* Ph.D. Electrical Engineering with 3 years of algorithm development experience, or MS Electrical Engineering with 5 years of algorithm development experience
* Demonstrated strong ability to create fundamentally new audio signal processing technologies in the form of technical papers, products, and/or patents
* Proficient in the advanced theory and application of digital audio processing and filterbanks
* Strong interest and curiosity in learning, researching and creating new audio processing technologies
* Team-oriented work ethic
* Excellent communication skills
* Proficient in MATLAB and C/C++ language programming
* Expertise in all of the following:
o Perceptual and parametric audio coding theory, methods, and standards
o Psychoacoustic modeling
o Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as linear algebra, probability and statistics, number theory, and information theory
Please apply directly to the following link and your resume will be read immediately:
Please mention AES00806 when applying for this position.
About Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
100 Potrero Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94103
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) is the global leader in technologies that are essential elements in the best entertainment experiences. Founded in 1965 and best known for high-quality audio and surround sound, Dolby creates innovations that enrich entertainment at the movies, at home, or on the go. For more information about Dolby Laboratories or Dolby technologies, please visit www.dolby.com.