- October 8, 2015
- August 20, 2015
AES Job Board
Dolby Laboratories, Inc. - Field Applications Engineer
Posted On: 2015-9-29
Location: Munich, Germany
Our Sales and Marketing office for the Central European Region is based in Munich and drives all the initiatives around business and market development. The home base for the position is Munich with travel across Europe and periodical visits to the head quarter in San Francisco.
Reporting to the Central European Sales organization, this role is responsible for providing technical support for customers in the E-Media and Automotive segments in Europe, with a thorough understanding of Dolby technologies and detailed knowledge of applications for defined market segment(s).
• Provide technical support in direct account meetings, events and customer visits
• Deliver systems-level analysis and advice to existing and potential customers
• Present technical briefings of existing and forthcoming Dolby technologies
• Deliver licensee and partner training and provide local technical support
• Support new and existing customers in submitting products for successful approval
• Provide technical analysis of product test results and recommend necessary changes to ensure successful test completion
• Interface with engineering departments at customers and potential customers in defined market areas and applications. Establish and / or maintain relationships
• Manage the day-to-day communication in defined market areas on technical issues, communicating with Dolby’s Engineering in headquarters and following-up outstanding technical and licensing issues both internally and with customers.
• Assist immediate team members and contribute to marketing and PR initiatives.
• Perform tasks necessary to complete performance objectives
• Assist regional account and marketing team members as needed
• Perform other ad hoc duties as required by management
• Technical degree in engineering or equivalent
• Proven track record in relevant technical experience with field application experience, supporting customers implementing technical audio/video solutions in electronic products (4 – 5 years)
• Ideally, experience should come from working for a semi-conductor company (i.e. supporting companies making finished goods from their ICs) or for a 3rd party audio/video technology vendor
• Knowledge of audio technology is highly desirable, as is a thorough technical understanding of video technology
• Demonstrably excellent technical ability with good communication, presentation and organization skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English and German
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Interest in video, music or games desirable
• International travel and work experience desirable
• This position requires regular travel.
Please mention AES00797 when applying for this position.
About Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
100 Potrero Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94103
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) is the global leader in technologies that are essential elements in the best entertainment experiences. Founded in 1965 and best known for high-quality audio and surround sound, Dolby creates innovations that enrich entertainment at the movies, at home, or on the go. For more information about Dolby Laboratories or Dolby technologies, please visit www.dolby.com.