- April 24, 2015
- April 24, 2015
AES Job Board
Dolby Laboratories, Inc. - Staff Software Test Engineer
Posted On: 2015-3-4
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including insatiably curious engineers and scientists for our advanced technology group. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a Staff Software Test Engineer in the Dolby QA group, the qualified candidate will test software that enables the next generation of Dolby technologies. You will lead the design of complex QA test environments as well as lead the design and execution of all tests needed.
• Conduct early project scoping including collaboration with research, marketing, and development teams, review of proposed technologies, development of test strategies, and contribution of proposals for testability.
• Provide team leadership including project planning, resource estimation, task allocation, test progress tracking, and coach and develop other engineers.
• Lead test planning including test design, test coverage, test approach, resource requirements, budget requirements, scheduling, risk assessment, and report metrics.
• Design and implement new test methods to address next generation capabilities in our products.
• Design, set up, configure and maintain software testing labs and environments.
• Utilize and adapt existing test automation tools.
• Report issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues/bugs.
• Lead bug review meetings and analyze bug status data and metrics.
• Anticipate and mitigate test and project issues.
• Serve as a member of project core teams.
• Stay abreast of industry software testing tools and best practices and make significant contributions to the development and deployment of new test technologies, tools or methods.
• May supervise or mentor less senior software testing engineers.
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 6 years of experience in software testing, including designing and implementing complex test plans and test cases. Experience as QA Lead or manager is plus.
• Excellent knowledge of and experience with current software testing industry tools and best practices.
• Demonstrated skills in multiple test design techniques.
• Professional experience programming in scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Batch, and/or Bash.
• Familiarity with standard bug reporting tools such as Jira, Bugzilla, or ClearQuest.
• Proven experience testing in multiple software environments like Windows, Linux, Android, etc.
• Ability to achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced engineering environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills, and a thorough approach to problem solving.
• Demonstrated experience testing Dolby or similar products in the audio domain is a significant plus.
Please apply to directly to this link and your resume will be reviewed within 24 hours:
Please mention AES00739 when applying for this position.
About Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
100 Potrero Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94103
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) is the global leader in technologies that are essential elements in the best entertainment experiences. Founded in 1965 and best known for high-quality audio and surround sound, Dolby creates innovations that enrich entertainment at the movies, at home, or on the go. For more information about Dolby Laboratories or Dolby technologies, please visit www.dolby.com.