- August 26, 2014
- July 2, 2014
AES Job Board: QSC Audio Products, LLC - Multiple Job Listings
Posted On: 2014-8-5
Location: Boulder, CO, USA
QSC Audio Products, LLC seeks an experienced and self-motivated Hardware Engineer responsible for creating and implementing electronic hardware products for QSC in our offices located in Boulder, Colorado.
Typical responsibilities include analog and digital circuit design, architectural design, schematic capture, circuit modeling, PCB layout, timing analysis, component selection, solving EMC and regulatory issues, bringing up prototypes, and testing & validating designs.
The position requires the individual to work well within a small, cross-functional team consisting of mechanical, software, and firmware engineers, as well as product managers, program managers, manufacturing engineers, and NPI engineers. The role requires someone who is self-motivated, has excellent problem solving skills, possesses a keen attention to detail, works well within a small team, and can produce results.
Education and Experience
•B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred.
•Minimum of 2 years of experience designing, building, and testing analog and/or digital multilayer PCB’s.
•Experience with Linux.
•Experience with Audio circuits, FPGA’s, and Microcontrollers is a plus.
•Skilled at computer-based electronic design, layout, and simulation (e.g. Cadence Allegro, Spice, etc.).
•Proficiency with electronics test and measurement tools (Oscilloscopes, Audio Precision T&M, etc.).
•Professional audio experience a plus.
•Must possess excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with an inquisitive and collaborative mindset – a desire to learn and be taught.
•Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving capabilities.
•Good communication skills, both written and oral.
•A “go-getter”—an intrinsic ability to get things done and deliver results.
•Willingness to travel to China and other offshore development and manufacturing countries.
•Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside customer and suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities
•Assists with design and implementation of analog and digital electronic circuits.
•Assists with development and analysis of audio electronics components and systems.
•Tests, validates, and verifies audio performance of audio systems and subsystems.
•Drives and achieves results that meet aggressive time and cost constraints.
QSC Audio provides competitive compensation and benefits with a profit sharing bonus program that rewards employees for company performance. All candidates who meet the requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com and use reference number 80301
Please mention AES00673 when applying for this position.
Staff Hardware Design Engineer
Posted On: 2014-8-6
Location: Costa Mesa, CA, USA
QSC Audio Products, LLC seeks an experienced and self-motivated Staff Hardware Design Engineer to be one of the top members of the Hardware team. They serve both as a senior-level, hands-on electronics designer as well as a technical leader and mentor within the group.
As a technical contributor, the Staff HW Design Engineer will perform a wide variety of tasks including advanced circuit design and capture, circuit modeling and simulation, new component evaluation and selection , new platform investigation and prototyping, PCB layout, timing and signal integrity analysis, board bring-up and troubleshooting, and system debugging and tuning.
As a leader within the HW team, the Staff HW Design Engineer will help oversee the work of less senior engineers, train staff on design best practices, evaluate design and architecture proposals, supervise the work of external designers, review and check designs, and ensure that all system designs meet the required quality and performance standards.
This is an ideal position for someone who is an accomplished designer and wants to take on an expanded role leading other talented HW engineers working on a wide variety of new audio electronic systems. The successful candidate will bring outstanding technical skills along with a desire and ability to help and guide others toward success.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering. Advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience designing, building, and testing analog and digital circuits, and related subsystems (e.g. on-board DSP HW, PSUs, microcontrollers, etc.) for commercial or professional audio or audio/video markets.
• Experience creating cost effective solutions that meet aggressive product feature, cost, quality, performance, and time to market requirements.
• Senior-level knowledge of microprocessor/dsp-based systems incorporating Sharc and/or ARM processors.
• Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements and test methods including UL, FCC, CE, and others as appropriate.
• Skilled at computer-based electronic design, layout, and simulation (e.g. Cadence, Spice, etc.).
• Proficiency with electronics test and measurement tools (Oscilloscopes, Audio Precision T&M, etc.).
• Experience working with offshore ODM and Contract Manufacturers highly desired.
• Experience architecting complete product solutions – cradle to grave.
• A “go-getter” - an intrinsic ability to get things done and deliver results
• Focus and emphasis on teamwork to achieve results
• Multi-disciplinary design skills – analog, power, digital design
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Superior problem solving skills: issue identification, problem structuring, analysis, and developing recommendations
• Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside customer and suppliers
• Good English language communication skills, both written and oral.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads all electronic HW design and implementation efforts for one or more development projects. Develops and conducts analysis of audio electronics components and systems.
• Creates and evangelizes technical solutions that best satisfy the technical, financial, manufacturability, quality, and time to market constraints and requirements.
• Helps lead and mentor less senior engineers on a wide variety of tasks
• Utilizes highly effective interpersonal skills to build and grow relationships with third party providers.
• International traveling to ODM & CM countries supporting prototype and pilot builds as required.
QSC Audio provides competitive compensation and benefits with a profit sharing bonus program that rewards employees for company performance. All candidates who meet the requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and use reference number 80302.
Please mention AES00675 when applying for this position.
About QSC Audio Products, LLC
1675 MacArthur Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
QSC Audio Products, LLC, is a globally recognized leader in the design and manufacture of professional audio system solutions. With power amplification, loudspeaker, digital signal processing (DSP), and digital mixer engineering resources all located under one roof, QSC uniquely leverages these technologies to deliver products and systems that far outperform the sum of their parts—providing compelling solutions for professional installed, portable, production, and cinema sound customers worldwide.