Posted On: 2017-7-20
Location: Calabasas, CA, USA
DTS is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work with a global, highly-skilled team of engineers based out of our Calabasas office. The successful candidate will work closely with the principal engineers, software architects, product managers, and other talented software engineers to develop new products and improve existing ones. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working on software and enjoys the challenges that come with it. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, takes initiative, and is passionate about the quality of the software.
• Possesses and applies a thorough understanding of engineering concepts, practices and theories and demonstrates the ability to use it in practice
• Has a clear vision of how products/projects should function and the ability to implement this vision
• Works independently with minimal day-to-day supervision and may be able to solve most complex problems
• High quality work that results in customer satisfaction
• Read and interpret requirements from project scope
• Author technical tasks for implementation by self or others using complete, testable criteria
• Choose technical implementations by weighing requirements, options and constraints - quick prototyping to vet solutions
• Share and describe technical choices with the development team through documentation
• Host design reviews and demonstrations to gather and incorporate useful feedback
• Help align projects with automated test, continuous integration and delivery policies
• Assess and refactor existing solutions to improve efficacy, performance and maintainability
• Maintain shared documentation, including documentation of features and deliverable information
• Coach and mentor other engineers
• Support of the field engineering team in trouble shooting customer support issues and questions
• Highly developed skills and techniques in area of expertise
• Adapts quickly to change and successfully utilizes new technologies
• Has participated in all phases of the project development methodology, having delivered two or more new solutions end-to-end including requirements, design, development, documentation, testing and operational support
• Emphasis is placed on innovation, teamwork, communication, organization, planning, problem solving, decision making and mentoring skills
• Expected to consider overall department and company needs as part of solution design for a product or project
• Must have B.S. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study required. Master Degree preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in software development on the Android platform
• Experienced developing highly robust system level solutions using Android Open Source Project (AOSP)
• Experienced with C/CPP and Java
• Experienced with multiple IDE’s such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, or Android Studio
• Exceptional knowledge of design patterns
• Experienced with authoring and utilizing unit tests
• Experience with continuous integration (CI) is desired
• Experienced with scripting languages is a plus
• Experienced with, and focused on, automation
• Great written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work well in a globally distributed work environment
• Experience with audio and/or digital signal processing is a plus
• Passion for developing great software
Please mention AES001050 when applying for this position.
Posted On: 2017-7-20
Location: San Jose, CA, USA
The position will be based in San Jose which is the Silicon Valley R&D Center for Computer Vision for the Fotonation Imaging Division. The Camera Hardware position in this team is responsible for developing camera hardware for depth and vision related consumer products. As a Camera Hardware Engineer, you will drive definition, design, development, and integration of processes for high-quality calibration, characterization, and specifications for dual and multi-baseline camera array systems for all of Fotonation’s depth imaging products. You will have the responsibility of entire lifecycle of project including both technology and product development.
The principal role is that of a camera systems engineer with good hardware experience who will be responsible for developing camera hardware and associated firmware/software for Fotonation’s consumer products. Company is seeking a candidate with strong background and deep understanding of camera and image sensor hardware, optics, illuminators, and camera modules. Candidate will head the vision lab and drive the characterization and calibration requirements and develop efficient processes for multi-camera systems as applied to mobile, automotive, and AR/VR markets. To serve this objective, the candidate will have an excellent understanding of CMOS image sensors and its characterization process, besides a good understanding of optics and camera modules.
In addition, the candidate will support the associated validation and qualification efforts for vision systems that include depth estimation, object detection and tracking, and depth perception. To this end, it would be desirable to have an understanding of image processing and/or computer vision algorithms. Proficiency in programming languages such as C/C++ and tools such as Matlab/ImageJ would be desirable. You will define testing and qualification plans of the camera modules at different stages of the development, from concept to product ramp. You will work with the Fotonation cross-functional teams in Europe and with supply chain vendors to define the specifications of the camera modules and execute the development with multiple third-party vendors. You will also lead camera technology innovations that have significant cross-functional impact.
As an employee of company and member of the Silicon Valley R&D Center for Computer Vision team, you will need to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up like dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will have good communication and organizational skills and get along well with a diverse set of team members across the organization.
•Devise characterization and calibration methodologies and processes that scale well for volume manufacturing for dual and multi-camera systems and work with imaging firmware, tuning, and software engineers to properly calibrate the camera systems as required.
•Work with internal and external teams to define camera specifications for camera modules, image sensors, optics, and assembly.
•Work with supply chain vendors to advance camera modules for Fotonation products.
•Design/build/debug boards, read schematics, conduct electrical tests, etc.
•MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
•3+ years of experience related to camera hardware development, including strong knowledge of electronics, schematic and PCB design.
•Experience with camera image sensors, lens, module manufacturing, testing, and module suppliers.
•Experience with camera lens, camera module, and CMOS image sensor characterization.
•image quality evaluation and imaging science.
•Experience with opto-mechanical design and tolerance analysis and/or micro-electronics design and validation.
•Experience with Computer Vision/Image Processing algorithms and Imaging Fundamentals
•Knowledge of high volume production and test processes.
•Excellent communication and program management / leadership skills
Please mention AES001051 when applying for this position.
Posted On: 2017-7-20
Location: San Jose, CA, USA
Our 3D System Architect is chartered with developing novel concepts that leverage Invensas’ 3D fine-pitch interconnect technology (DBI®). We will look to your expertise in emerging technologies to creatively utilize device and system-level architectural knowledge to develop new System-on-Chip architectures that reduce power, latency, and increase bandwidth and interconnectivity. This position requires an innovative spirit that can work collaboratively and communicate well.
You wil be taksed with developing novel architectures in 3DIC and related fields. The devices will be mainly conventional CMOS, III-V semiconductors, FD-SOI and DRAM-based. The application spaces include image sensors, processor-memory interaction, low-power architectures and MEMS. In this role, you will:
•Work closely with your internal team on design and simulation
•Learn, to fill gaps in experience, eagerly
•Contribute significantly on roadmaps for device design and integration
•Articulate and describe new technology with illustrative and verbal communication
•Effectively present mature technology developments externally
•Identify limitations on current and emerging technology and either
◦Apply technology already developed by XPERI, or
◦Work with internal team to develop solutions
•Manage his/her own programs and leverage internal and external resources
•Work with external partners on further development of designs, simulations and prototyping that extend beyond internal capabilities
•MSEE in Electrical Engineering, Device Physics, or other comparable field of study
•10+ years of experience in device or SoC architecture
•Working knowledge of device physics particularly in DRAM and FD-SOI
•Physical design experience
•SoC floorplanning knowledge
•Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
•Strong written and verbal skills
•Possess patents or prior success conducting original research towards patent applications will be a huge plus
Please mention AES001052 when applying for this position.
Posted On: 2017-7-20
Location: Calabasas, CA, USA
We are looking for an experienced and proven Principal Embedded Software Engineer who will design and implement highly networked media systems for home media products.
Working in a senior-level role within a fast paced, start-up like small team environment, you will be required to lead the entire software product development cycle from product management to architecture and coding to implementation. This is a highly visible role wherein you will be tasked with effectively leading a small team of developers to successfully launch exciting new products.
• You'll be a hands-on Principal Software Developer responsible for new and existing software products, determining direction and visualizing ideal software architecture.
• As the technology expert, you think in terms of developing user-friendly, highly complex networked solutions, while remaining cost effective and flexible against business and product needs.
• Design and develop networked media software, including applications and middle-ware
• Initiate or contribute to R&D proof-of-concepts
• Read and comprehend technical papers and presentations
• Write clear and concise technical documentation and correspondence
• Lead a small developer team as needed, mentor junior engineers
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience, MS preferred
• Minimum 5 year experience with C/C++ embedded systems programming
• Ability to write high-performance, reusable, portable code in various format (e.g., SDK, wrapper library, application)
• Extensive experience in writing portable code for multiple architectures, such as ARM, x86, MIPS, etc.
• Ability to translate networking and multimedia concepts into efficient and optimized implementations
• Deep understanding of memory management, network/socket programming, IPC, and multi-threading
• Deep understanding of Linux system including device driver architecture and implementations
• Understanding of compressed audio codecs including MP3 and AAC
• Understanding of multimedia network protocols (mms, rtp, rtsp, etc.)
• Understanding of principles of multimedia frameworks
• Understanding of issues arising from network programming and troubleshooting ability
• Experience developing for and creating automated unit test frameworks
• Experience coding global mobile apps that work smoothly in multiple languages
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to proof and edit
• Strong teamwork and project-related skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently under little supervision
• Experience in leading a team of developers is a huge plus
Please mention AES001053 when applying for this position.
3025 Orchard Parkway
San Jose, CA 95134
Phone: +1 408.321.6000
Fax: +1 408.321.8257
Xperi Corporation (Nasdaq: XPER) and its wholly owned subsidiaries, DTS, FotoNation, Invensas, and Tessera are dedicated to creating innovative technology solutions that enable extraordinary experiences for people around the world. Xperi’s solutions are licensed by hundreds of leading global partners and have shipped in billions of products in areas including premium audio, broadcast, computational imaging, computer vision, mobile computing and communications, memory, data storage, and 3D semiconductor interconnect and packaging. For more information, please visit www.xperi.com.