- July 2, 2014
- June 4, 2014
AES Job Board
Skullcandy, Inc. - Acoustic Engineer - Mid-level
Posted On: 2014-5-6
Location: Park City, Utah, USA
Skullcandy is seeking a motivated, creative, and innovative Acoustics Design Engineer to be a leading member of the develop teams of headphones and speaker products.
• Working within the product department to develop, validate, and commercialize consumer level headphones, speakers, and drivers
• Apply knowledge of current principles and practices of acoustic engineering as related to the variety of aspects effecting our organization
• Apply knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions.
• Work on a major project or several projects of moderate scope and differing complexity
• Serve as the technical specialist for the organization in the application of advanced concepts, principles, and methods in acoustics
• Keep informed of new methods and developments affecting his or her organization, and recommends new practices or changes in emphasis of development programs
• Review complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance
• Plan, schedule, and coordinate the preparation of documents or activities for multiple major projects
• Review operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and performance measures
• Support manufacturing and overseas office by providing direction for assembly and validation to ensure product quality and consistency
• DFM including fixture design for in lab and in a manufacturing performance quality controls
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• BS Electrical or Acoustical Engineering or related degree.
• 5+ years of related acoustical experience required
• Strong electrical engineering skills including delivering production ready specification packages
• Experience with computational acoustics simulations
• Experience with laboratory and physical listening testing software and hardware
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Proactive and organized work methods
• General SolidWorks skills preferred
• Experience with manufacturing in Asia is preferred
• International travel required 4+ times per year
• Experience with DSP design and tuning for a variety of use case applications
• Competitive compensation based on experience
• 401K Matching
• Health Benefits
• Product Discounts
• Discount Ski Pass/ Discount Gym Membership
• Flex Time Scheduling
Please mention AES00630 when applying for this position.
About Skullcandy, Inc.
1441 W. Ute Blvd.
Park City, Utah 84098
Phone: +1 453 940 1545
Skullcandy is a brand that combines personal audio products with a young lifestyle offering something unique in the marketplace while providing the best product performance and experience available.
We design and manufacture headphones, earphones, and speakers.