Posted On: 2017-1-3
Location: Cambridge, MA, USA
The Senior Audio Electronics Engineer takes the lead role in the development of analog and digital circuitry required to support iZotope’s hardware audio products. Working with internal teams and external contractors, you take full responsibility for both the analog and digital circuit design.
Able to anticipate common challenges and tradeoffs in audio electronics development, you understand the overall product goals and translate that understanding into designs, circuits, prototypes and ultimately, a validated production product. You understand the new product introduction process and are able to support both the design and manufacturing stages of development.
• Collaborate with internal development team and external contractors to design, develop and architect electronics for iZotope audio products.
• Maintain schematic diagrams, electronics BOM, circuit simulations and board layouts in support of product designs.
• Optimize electronics design for the best balance of economy, quality, reliability, safety, and sustainability.
• Define and develop research prototypes needed to support product goals.
• Assure products comply with appropriate regulatory and safety requirements.
• Work with external vendors and partners to stay current on new product offerings and technology advancements in audio and digital electronics.
• Collaborate with management and the development team to establish hardware technology goals
• Design and development support for manufacturing test fixtures
• BS in EE or related technical discipline
• 8+ years prior experience designing mixed signal analog and digital circuits
• 8+ years prior experience developing consumer electronics products from ideation through market release and sustainment.
• Ability to architect or oversee the architecture of a complete consumer product (power, digital, analog, user interface and communication systems)
• Prior experience with high gain, low noise electronics design techniques.
• Prior experience with RF design theory and techniques.
• Awareness of typical design for manufacturing issues, and electronics manufacturing process.
• Experience troubleshooting systems using common lab tools like oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers and logic analyzers.
• Ability to negotiate effectively with peers as an integral part of a cross functional team.
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
• Prior experience developing audio and/or music products
• Prior experience overseeing layout of PCBs
• Experience with Linux, Arm processors, and Git
• MS in EE
This position is located in our corporate headquarters in Cambridge, MA. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply: please contact James Cercone. email@example.com
Please mention AES00941 when applying for this position.
700 Technology Square, Ste. 400
Cambridge, MA 02139
iZotope is a research-driven audio technology company based in Boston, Massachusetts. Its award-winning products and audio technologies are used by millions of people in over 50 countries, from consumers to musicians to major film, TV, and radio studios. Some of the diverse clients include musical giants like BT, Depeche Mode, and RZA of WuTang Clan; radio stations like Boston's iconic WGBH; and TV programming like CBS's "Survivor," the Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch," the World Cup broadcast, and the GRAMMY awards. Through an extensive licensing program, iZotope technology is also directly integrated into products made by industry-leaders such as Adobe, Avid, and Sony; video games from companies like Harmonix and Ubisoft; as well as a growing number of mobile phone applications.