Posted On: 2016-9-19
Location: Cambridge, MA, USA
*Please note we will offer relocation assistance anywhere worldwide for this opening.
We are seeking a forward-looking and creative Research Manager to lead iZotope’s applied research team in the discovery and evaluation of emerging audio technologies and their application to our future products. Qualified applications should have demonstrable experience managing and supporting a team of research and development engineers; expert knowledge in the design and development of signal analysis and processing algorithms; a passion for music and audio technology; and enthusiasm for and awareness of technological advances in DSP and related disciplines. The ideal candidate would have prior experience developing audio plugins and be familiar with trends in audio software.
• Management and mentorship of software engineers on iZotope’s Research team
• Working closely with product management and development teams to identify and pursue research opportunities to develop breakthrough, enabling technologies for iZotope’s software and hardware products
• Supporting active projects through the delivery of new algorithms and technologies to product development teams
• Working with Engineering Managers and leaders throughout the department to define and uphold best practices company-wide
• External outreach to industry partners, universities and professional organizations in the audio industry to keep iZotope current in regards to relevant technology and scientific trends and promote iZotope’s contributions in these areas
• Direct contribution to research efforts through prototyping and development of new algorithms and technologies, and maintaining and upgrading our portfolio of existing technologies
• 2 or more years prior experience as a Research Lead or Manager
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent field
• In-depth knowledge of theoretical and applied DSP, especially in the areas of digital audio effects, speech processing and/or music information retrieval
• Expertise in at least one programming or scripting language, e.g., C/C++
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
• Team player and strong influence and leadership skills
• Experience with algorithm development using Matlab, Octave or Python
• Currency with modern applications of artificial intelligence / machine learning techniques in audio analysis and processing
• Experience working with product managers to define and implement product requirements
• Experience using and/or developing audio plugin SDKs
This position is located in our corporate headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
To apply: http://izotope.applytojob.com/apply/KEpUu2/Research-Manager
Please mention AES00906 when applying for this position.
700 Technology Square, Ste. 400
Cambridge, MA 02139
iZotope is a research-driven audio technology company based in Boston, Massachusetts. Its award-winning products and audio technologies are used by millions of people in over 50 countries, from consumers to musicians to major film, TV, and radio studios. Some of the diverse clients include musical giants like BT, Depeche Mode, and RZA of WuTang Clan; radio stations like Boston's iconic WGBH; and TV programming like CBS's "Survivor," the Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch," the World Cup broadcast, and the GRAMMY awards. Through an extensive licensing program, iZotope technology is also directly integrated into products made by industry-leaders such as Adobe, Avid, and Sony; video games from companies like Harmonix and Ubisoft; as well as a growing number of mobile phone applications.