- May 24, 2013
- April 16, 2013
AES Job Board: Cambridge Silicon Radio-CSR - Multiple Job Listings
DSP Software Engineer
Posted On: 2013-3-15
Location: Auburn Hills, MI, USA
CSR is a pioneering designer and developer of silicon and software for the consumer electronics market. We help to transform the lives of motorists, photographers, music lovers, mobile phone users and other gadget-loving consumers. CSR is dedicated to finding simple solutions to complex problems. Using our track record working with leading brands, our highly skilled engineers develop world-class technologies that realize the potential of a wide range of devices to make peoples' lives and experiences easier, richer and more varied.
CSR is at the forefront of developing semiconductors and software for a host of world-leading technology platforms and standards, including Bluetooth®, GPS and other location technologies, FM radio, Wi-Fi®, Near Field Communication and numerous others.
An employee in this position will be primarily involved with DSP software implementation of algorithmic solutions applied to audio.
The role of the DSP Software Engineer is the integration of existing audio algorithms and processing modules into an operational DSP application for CSR range of wireless chips. This engineer will primarily write in assembly language for CSR's proprietary fixed point digital signal processor which is used in a resource constrained multi-processor environment. Occasionally the position may also call for development in C, C++, or with scripting languages such as perl, python, and Matlab.
An engineer will take ownership of a major component of a project and will be responsible for delivering the software on a timescale agreed with the group leader/Program Manager. The successful candidate must be self-reliant and able to take ownership of projects with minimal supervision.
* Writing, debugging, optimizing and testing of Matlab, assembly and embedded C code with an emphasis on audio applications
* Maintenance, defect investigation and improvement of speech enhancement and music audio algorithms
* Develop and test software of major scale and complexity to agreed timescales
* Perform requirements capture including defining the scope, tasks, time estimation and reporting
* Delivery of high quality software in line with the department processes
* Provide international customer support, liaison, technical training and conference papers as dictated by the assigned projects. Some international travel is required.
* Contribute towards the continuous development of the department processes
* Conducts peer software reviews
* Bachelor of Engineering Degree (4 year) (or equivalent qualification/ experience) in math, science, software and/or electronics
* Proven proficiency of programming languages including fixed-point assembly, C, C++ as well as scripting using Perl and Python
* Experience in porting DSP code in MIPS and memory constrained processors
* Understanding of DSP processor architectures and peripherals
* Experience in audio algorithm implementation of speech enhancement and music based signal processing
* Experience using Matlab
* Exposure to various DSP platforms, with knowledge of hardware design principles, signal processing theory and techniques
* Enthusiasm for problem solving
* Effective team player with good communication skills
* Working knowledge of analogue and digital data structure, communication protocols and drivers.
TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT https://careers.csr.com
Please mention AES00508 when applying for this position.
Senior Audio Researcher
Posted On: 2013-4-12
Location: Auburn Hills, MI, USA
We are looking for a Senior Audio Researcher to be involved with the design of algorithmic solutions for audio which are targeted primarily for software implementation.
Supporting project management including definition of project scope and schedule for assigned projects.
Maintenance and improvement of existing audio algorithm solutions including noise reduction, acoustic echo cancellation, automatic gain control, voice activity detection, lost packet compensation and other audio enhancements.
Performing Research and Feasibility Studies including defining the scope and goals of audio research tasks and completion of detailed reports on results and recommendations for development activities.
Development of new algorithmic IP for audio processing solutions in the form of invention report submissions.
Development of new algorithmic audio processing solutions including the existing areas mentioned above and additionally including state of the art audio codecs, audibility and intelligibility enhancements, microphone array processing, 3D audio and other audio effects and enhancements.
· PhD degree (or being in the last year of PhD program) in electrical engineering with concentration on audio or speech processing.
· Familiarity/Experience in at least three technical fields from the following:
· Frequency-domain or subband signal processing
· Adaptive filtering, microphone array beamforming, and Blind source separation techniques
· Audio coding techniques and standard codecs such as MP3, AAC, WMA, SBC
· 3D audio technologies for sound reproduction on two output transducers (i.e. stereo headphones, ear buds, and stereo speaker systems)
· Psychoacoustics and audio perception
· Music signal processing and classification
· Solid background knowledge in digital signal processing and mathematics
· Proven publication records in scholarly conferences or journals with international circulation in the field of audio or speech processing
· Willing to solve the challenging problems in the field of audio or speech processing
· Strong knowledge and extensive working experience with Matlab for algorithm development
· Experience in analyzing audio problems using tools such as Matlab, Adobe Audition and objective evaluation tools
· Experience in algorithm design for real-time audio or speech signal processing
· Knowledge of fixed-point programming and effects on algorithm development
Please mention AES00514 when applying for this position.
About Cambridge Silicon Radio-CSR
Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road
Founded in 1999, CSR is a leading provider of wireless connectivity and audio devices. Core to our business is improving the end-user experience with high-quality audio applications that include: mobile handsets, portable media players, portable navigation devices, gaming, hi-fi, loudspeakers, docking stations, TV, and mono or stereo headsets. To further heighten the end user experience for high quality audio, CSR provides the aptX codec for multiple applications and platforms. Our family of BlueCore devices integrate audio codecs and powerful DSP processors that provide a flexible platform for consumer audio applications. The aptX range of audio codec’s are synonymous with audio integrity and are used extensively within the professional audio and broadcast market. Our suite of audio processing algorithms can enable highly optimized speech and music enhancements without compromising battery life, cost, and form factor. Key to our speech processing capability is our Clear Voice Capture (CVC) suite of enhancement algorithms.