- February 10, 2016
- January 7, 2016
AES Job Board
Apogee Electronics Corporation - Firmware Developer
Posted On: 2016-1-28
Location: Santa Monica, CA, USA
Apogee is seeking a Firmware Engineer to support development of our next generation audio products. You will work with senior software and hardware engineers on the team to conceive, design, implement and bring into production products that define the industry. As a key member of Apogee’s engineering staff, you are expected to provide innovative technical solutions. You are also responsible for supporting the manufacturing of our products.
• Design and develop firmware for new hardware platforms
• Hands-on experience working with Audio technologies is essential
• Hands-on knowledge in board bring-up, hardware diagnostics, audio protocols, and display technologies
• Experience in Core Audio app development
• Experience with Xilinx, Altera, Cypress, Atmel, Marvell, XMOS, ARM
• Experience with USB, I2C, I2S, WiFi, AVB
• Provide support for sustaining engineering, code maintenance
• Support functional test development for Manufacturing testing
• Assure system and product quality by streamlining build scripts
Skills / Qualifications:
• BS CS or EE or relevant field. Master’s preferred
• Minimum 5 years of development experience
• Excellent programming skills in C, C++. Verilog/VHDL, multithreaded programming
• Experience in Shell scripting in OSX/Unix desirable
• Audio signal processing experience desirable
• Ability to multitask and prioritize a changing workload
• Possess problem solving skills, and being results driven are critical
• Competitive benefits, including Medical, Dental, 401(k). Salary is commensurate with experience.
• There will be no relocation offered for this opportunity.
• NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
• NO RECRUITERS OR SEARCH FIRMS, PLEASE.
Apogee Electronics Corp. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate with regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, military status or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention AES00829 when applying for this position.
About Apogee Electronics Corporation
1715 Berkeley St.
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Apogee Electronics is an award-winning manufacturer of digital audio recording equipment, delivering the most advanced and best-sounding products to its customers since 1985. Apogee products are used in some of the most prestigious recording studios around the world and have been instrumental in making countless GRAMMY® and OSCAR® winning recordings.