- June 30, 2015
- April 24, 2015
AES Job Board
Banff Centre - Audio Engineer
Posted On: 2015-7-14
Location: Banff, AB, Canada
This is a termed position for 22 weeks between July 20 and December 18, 2015
The Banff Centre is looking for an experienced Audio Engineer to join the Media and Production (MAP) team and provide on-going audio support for Banff Centre events and programs. With strong verbal communication and organizational skills, this position will act as a liaison for audio production support in all programming departments as well as cross departmental, multidisciplinary projects involving Media and Production.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engineering internal and external sound for picture and broadcast projects as assigned, and ensuring all projects are completed on time
- Responsibility for audio editing and final delivery of Audio/Video content related to The Banff Centre content and arts programming objectives
- Coordinating the production schedule for the Rice Audio Studio, and production arising from cross departmental arts programming to support Banff Centre content capture and dissemination objectives
- Working closely with the Technical Director, Post Production Manager, Senior Recording Engineer, and Audio Production Coordinator to ensure audio post production is integrated with one post production schedule for all of Media and Production
- Consulting directly and taking creative direction from director/producers and/or clients throughout the post-production process
If you have a proven record of success in sound for picture and location audio recording, and you possess the following qualifications then we would love to hear from you:
- A degree/diploma in broadcast audio production or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of recognized professional experience, with an emphasis on sound for picture, in the production and post-production of film, television, and radio.
Possess solid engineering techniques in sound for picture and audio broadcasting, plus a skilled working knowledge of Pro Tools software.
- Knowledge and experience working with a wide variety of analog and digital technologies such as: automated large and small scale mixing consoles, various digital multi-track and hard disk recorders, digital workstations, various time-based processors, time code, digital sync, video lock, and surround sound formats.
- Ability to thrive in both self-directed and consultative, team, environments.
To apply, include your resume and a cover letter as per the instructions below. Please explain how your interest and experience match this opportunity and why you are a fit for The Banff Centre. Include a link to your online audio/video portfolio.
We are accepting applications for this position until a suitable candidate is found.
Thank you for your interest in working at The Banff Centre.
Use the link below to apply:
Please mention AES00782 when applying for this position.
About Banff Centre
Box 1020, 107 Tunnel Mountain Drive
Banff, AB T1L 1H5
Phone: +1 403 762 6626
Fax: +1 403 762 6800
Our mission is Inspiring Creativity. In The Banff Centre’s powerful mountain setting in the heart of Banff National Park, exceptional artists and leaders from around the world create and perform new works of art; share skills and knowledge in an interdisciplinary environment; and explore ideas and develop solutions in the arts and leadership. The audio engineering work study programs are internationally-recognized for providing exceptional opportunities for professional development. The professionally-equipped recording, post-production, and editing facilities make the programs attractive for engineers, producers, musicians, artists, and researchers interested in recording, post-production, and audio research and development.