In This Section
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline is Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Jim Anderson (111)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount.
AES Oral History 111: Jim Anderson. Jim Anderson is an internationally recognized recording engineer and producer of acoustic music for the recording, radio, television, and film industries. He is the recipient of numerous awards and nominations in the recording industry. A graduate of the Duquesne University School of Music in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Jim was employed by National Public Radio in the 70's and engineered and produced many award-winning classical, jazz, documentary, and news programs. Since 1980, Jim has had a career as an independent audio engineer and producer, living in New York City. Since 2003, he has been a professor of recorded music at the Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music in the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University and was the department’s Chair from 2004–2008. He has served as Vice President for Eastern Sections of the Audio Engineering Society, chaired the New York City Section of the AES and was Chair of the 119th, 123rd, 131st and 135th AES Conventions. In 2006, he was made a Fellow of the AES and has received many AES Board of Governors Awards. He was also the President of the Audio Engineering Society, 2008-2009. Interviewed by Paul Gallo. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (1:12:12) Interview Date: 2011-10-20
Video Trailer coming soon!
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!