In This Section
- New "AES Portal" in Process of Being Rolled Out
- Take a moment to create your new Login today!
- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Oral History DVD: Jim Anderson (111)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount.
Oral History DVD: Jim Anderson
AES Oral History 111: Jim Anderson. Jim Anderson is an internationally recognized recording engineer and producer of acoustic music for the recording, radio, television, and film industries. He is the recipient of numerous awards and nominations in the recording industry. A graduate of the Duquesne University School of Music in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Jim was employed by National Public Radio in the 70's and engineered and produced many award-winning classical, jazz, documentary, and news programs. Since 1980, Jim has had a career as an independent audio engineer and producer, living in New York City. Since 2003, he has been a professor of recorded music at the Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music in the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University and was the department’s Chair from 2004–2008. He has served as Vice President for Eastern Sections of the Audio Engineering Society, chaired the New York City Section of the AES and was Chair of the 119th, 123rd, 131st and 135th AES Conventions. In 2006, he was made a Fellow of the AES and has received many AES Board of Governors Awards. He was also the President of the Audio Engineering Society, 2008-2009. Interviewed by Paul Gallo. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (1:12:12) Interview Date: 2011-10-20
Video Trailer coming soon!
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!