In This Section
- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
- AES Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality Announces Program Details
- New Conference focusses on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Oral History DVD: D.B. Keele Jr. (088)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount.
Oral History DVD: D.B. Keele Jr.
AES Oral History 088: D.B. Keele Jr. D.B. (also known as Don) Keele Jr. is best known for his work with EV in the 1970s. While with EV, Mr. Keele designed the constant directivity high frequency horns for EV's "HR" series speakers. These horns were created so as to provide a constant sound pressure level (SPL) at all frequencies within the coverage area of the horn. His work on loudspeaker measurements earned him the 2001 TEF Richard C. Heyser Award and he was awarded a Scientific and Technical Academy Award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for his work on Cinema constant-directivity loudspeakers. Interviewed by Irv Joel. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (1:32:03) Interview Date: 2001-12-02
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!