In This Section
- 135th AES Convention Hits A Five-Year High
- Convention takes a bite out of the Big Apple and reminds the industry that “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES”
- AES 2013 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2013 AES Elections
- Deadline is Friday, July 12th
- Recordings from AES Rome Jazz Concert Now Available
- Listen to the Greg Burk Jazz Trio in ImmersAV
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Neville Thiele (074)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount. Certain titles are also available as downloadable MPEG-4 video files.
AES Oral History 074: Neville Thiele. A. Neville Thiele of the Australian Broadcasting Commission, together with Richard H. Small of the University of Sydney, pioneered a method of analysis for loudspeakers which was named after them (Thiele/Small parameters), a set of electromechanical parameters that define the low frequency performance of loudspeaker drivers. These parameters are published in specification sheets by driver manufacturers giving designers a guide for selecting drivers for loudspeaker systems. Interviewed by Irv Joel. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (1:00:27) Interview Date: 2002-05-13
Also available as a downloadable MPEG-4 video file! (597.8 MB)
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!