In This Section
- The AES Celebrates Its E-Library Publications and Collections in September with FREE Offer for Members
- All members receive 25 free downloads in September 2015
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Walter Selsted (073)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount.
AES Oral History 073: Walter Selsted. In the late '40s Mr. Selsted served as a consultant at Ampex Corporation where he assisted in the decision to manufacture magnetic tape recorders, which brought about the original Ampex designs. He joined Ampex in 1949 and worked on the groundbreaking Model 200, America's first pro tape recorder. He was made chief engineer in 1951, then moved on to Director of Research, and later V.P. Engineering in 1960. After his Ampex years Mr. Selsted was hired by Bill Hewlett to manage a new magnetic tape recorder product group at HP. He holds many patents basic to the magnetic recording industry and is a founder of the AES San Francisco Section. An AES Fellow, Mr. Selsted has written numerous technical papers for presentation at professional groups. Interviewed by Ross Snyder. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (1:02:44) Interview Date: 2000-09-28
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!