In This Section
- The AES Celebrates Its E-Library Publications and Collections in September with FREE Offer for Members
- All members receive 25 free downloads in September 2015
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Robert Langevin (049)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount.
AES Oral History 049: Robert Langevin. A charter member of the AES, Robert Langevin worked with his father at Langevin Manufacturing Corporation through 1950. Always fascinated with tape recording technology, he joined the Ampex Corporation engineering department in 1951 as inspection and test engineer for instrumentation and audio tape recorder products. In 1960 he founded Vega Electronics along with two ex-Ampex associates. There, he designed a wireless microphone system as Vega's Senior Engineer. Mr. Langvin rejoined the Ampex Audio Division in 1961 designing audio and video tape recorder electronics. In 1973 he formed his own consulting firm, with clients such as Ampex, Electrosound and Inovonics. Langevin received the Fellowship Award in 1965. Interviewed by Ross Snyder. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (35:28) Interview Date: 2000-09-26
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!