In This Section
- New "AES Portal" in Process of Being Rolled Out
- Take a moment to create your new Login today!
- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Oral History DVD: David Robinson (047)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount.
Oral History DVD: David Robinson
AES Oral History 047: David Robinson. After four years with the BBC as a telecine and video tape recorder design engineer, David Robinson joined Dolby Laboratories in 1966 just after the company was established in the UK. He became Dolby's Chief Engineer and later Vice President of Engineering when the company moved headquarters to San Francisco. Mr. Robinson contributed significantly to the company's success for 38 years. He has held a number of key positions within the AES including President, and is the recipient of the AES Fellowship award plus multiple Board of Governors awards. Interviewed by Irv Joel. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (31:41) Interview Date: 2003-03-24
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!