In This Section
- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
- AES Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality Announces Program Details
- New Conference focusses on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Oral History DVD: Richard Burden (023)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount.
Oral History DVD: Richard Burden
AES Oral History 023: Richard Burden. Well known for his work in FM, AM, and television audio systems, Richard Burden had an early interest in science and graduated from RCA Institute in 1952. Mr. Burden has been an independent communications engineer since 1960, providing technical services to numerous radio and TV stations, networks, and manufacturers for many years. Among hundreds of activities, he developed and demonstrated a proposed FM stereo broadcast system (Phantodyne), designed equipment for low-power radiating cable FM and AM systems for college radio stations, and participated in a wide variety of broadcast-related standards committees including the Ad Hoc Committee for the Study of Television Sound in 1973 and the Radio Systems Committee in 1980. Mr. Burden became a student AES member in 1951, and has been very active in the Society for many years. He is a strong advocate for continuing education for engineers along with outreach to prospective engineering students. He has served as Vice President of the AES Western Region and Los Angeles Section Chair. Mr. Burden received an AES Fellowship in 1975, and the Society of Broadcast Engineers Lifetime Achievement Award in 2005. Interviewed by Irv Joel. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (57:41) Interview Date: 1999-12-31
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!