In This Section
- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
- AES Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality Announces Program Details
- New Conference focusses on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Oral History DVD: Frank Abbey (020)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount.
Oral History DVD: Frank Abbey
AES Oral History 020: Frank Abbey. This is a must-see interview with one of the most prolific recording engineers of our time. The interview was recorded in his home studio. Frank Abbey was with Capitol Records, N.Y. for many years, and tells fascinating stories about his work with many of the big names familiar to us all. Interviewer Irv Joel was Frank's associate on some of the recording sessions of the 50's - 60's. Frank later became a successful digital remastering engineer at CBS Records. Hear stories and anecdotes about many well-known classical and popular recording stars, and hear about the techniques and equipment he used to create great recordings. Interviewed by Irv Joel. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (1:19:50) Interview Date: 1999-11-17
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!