In This Section
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
- AES Showcases Latest Audio Innovations and Best Practices at 136th International Convention in Berlin
- Successful Technical Program and Exhibition draw high attendance and positive response from attendees and exhibitors alike
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Frank Abbey (020)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount. Certain titles are also available as downloadable MPEG-4 video files.
AES Oral History 020: Frank Abbey. This is a must-see interview with one of the most prolific recording engineers of our time. The interview was recorded in his home studio. Frank Abbey was with Capitol Records, N.Y. for many years, and tells fascinating stories about his work with many of the big names familiar to us all. Interviewer Irv Joel was Frank's associate on some of the recording sessions of the 50's - 60's. Frank later became a successful digital remastering engineer at CBS Records. Hear stories and anecdotes about many well-known classical and popular recording stars, and hear about the techniques and equipment he used to create great recordings. Interviewed by Irv Joel. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (1:19:50) Interview Date: 1999-11-17
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!