In This Section
- AES Opens Early Registration and Discounted Pricing for 140th International Convention in Paris, June 4 – 7
- FREE "Exhibits-Plus" Badge and premium "All Access" Badge options now available online for Europe’s largest pro audio event of the year
- The Audio Engineering Society Launches AES Live Online Video Collection
- Exclusive videos featuring interviews with past, present and future leaders of our industry
- Binaural Listening Trends Tracked at 140th International Audio Engineering Society Convention
- An ever-expanding aspect of present-day audio
- Call for Board of Governors Nominations
- Deadline is February 15th
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Frank Abbey (020)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount.
AES Oral History 020: Frank Abbey. This is a must-see interview with one of the most prolific recording engineers of our time. The interview was recorded in his home studio. Frank Abbey was with Capitol Records, N.Y. for many years, and tells fascinating stories about his work with many of the big names familiar to us all. Interviewer Irv Joel was Frank's associate on some of the recording sessions of the 50's - 60's. Frank later became a successful digital remastering engineer at CBS Records. Hear stories and anecdotes about many well-known classical and popular recording stars, and hear about the techniques and equipment he used to create great recordings. Interviewed by Irv Joel. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (1:19:50) Interview Date: 1999-11-17
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!