Community

AES Recording Forum

Co-locating Visual Images and Associated Sound

(Subscribe to this discussion)

Michael Filimowicz
Michael Filimowicz

Comment posted May 27, 2017 @ 23:25:18 UTC (Comment permalink)
This comment edited by Michael Filimowicz on April 17, 2018

I am looking to start a discussion and perhaps initiate some R&D collaborations around a new technology I have developed, which I call 'Pixelphonics.' The technology produces a new form of multichannel audiovisual display in which the associated sound emanates from the specific screen areas of the moving image, allowing for ‘2D sound design’ (sound composition across the image plane). The technology adds a new perceptual and experiential layer to the technology of synchronized sound by adding its spatial complement, so that sound can now be in place with its image, in addition to being in time with it.

The technology has recently been the subject of a patent filing, sponsored by my university's technology transfer unit, Apparatus, Method and System for Co-locating Visual Images and Associated Sound (U.S. Provisional Patent No. 62/482725, 2017). For a research prospectus, contact mfa13 {at} sfu {dot} ca or view the one page executive summary at http://bit.ly/pixexecsum

(Respond to this post)      

Subscribe to this discussion

RSS Feed To be notified of new comments on this post you can subscribe to this RSS feed. Forum users should login to see additional options.

Join this discussion!

If you would like to contribute to the discussion about this post and are an AES member then you can login here:
Username:
Password:

If you are not yet an AES member and have something important to say about this post then we urge you to join the AES today and make your voice heard. You can join online today by clicking here.

AES - Audio Engineering Society