In This Section
- AES Opens Early Registration and Discounted Pricing for 140th International Convention in Paris, June 4 – 7
- FREE "Exhibits-Plus" Badge and premium "All Access" Badge options now available online for Europe’s largest pro audio event of the year
- The Audio Engineering Society Launches AES Live Online Video Collection
- Exclusive videos featuring interviews with past, present and future leaders of our industry
- Binaural Listening Trends Tracked at 140th International Audio Engineering Society Convention
- An ever-expanding aspect of present-day audio
- Call for Board of Governors Nominations
- Deadline is February 15th
As part of the conference two workshops sessions are being organized to allow for demonstration and interaction with presenters. These sessions aim to bring an air of informality to the event and allow presenters to share the latest methods and approaches for open discussion.
Workshop 1: Desktop Demonstrations
This desktop demonstration session will provide a platform to present commercial, engineering or scientific approaches to sound quality evaluation that have a degree of novelty.
Chair: Jan Berg
The following presentations are planned:
Stefan Goetze (Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology (IDMT)): Speech Intelligibility Prediction (SIP) Toolbox – Quick and Easy Prediction of Speech Quality for All Acoustic Conditions
Schuyler Quackenbush (Audio Research Labs): STEP: A Program for Subjective Quality Testing
Torben Holm Pedersen (DELTA SenseLab): SenseLabOnline - a rapid solution for online web based listening tests
Workshop 2: Challenges in Sound Quality Evaluation
Sound quality evaluation has undergone important development during the last decades, and still there are challenges to be adressed. This workshop intends to discuss different aspects of sound quality evaluation, e.g. current trends, questions in need of attention and future possibilites.