In This Section
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
The conference activities will be held at the Luleå University of Technology's Department of Music and Media at Piteå in the north of Sweden.
Apart from music and media education, the school accommodates one of Sweden's most popular education programmes for audio engineers.
The School's mix of artists, engineers, producers, and scientists produces a very creative learning environment, the perfect locale for a technically challenging, enlightening, and highly enjoyable conference.
Piteå is situated approx. 50 km south of the county's main city Luleå, where the airport is located. Participants travelling by air should book their flights to Luleå Airport, airport code LLA. Most of these flights connect to the international airports via Stockholm Arlanda Airport (ARN). The ground trip from Luleå to Piteå takes about 35 minutes by car. There are special fares for ground transportation by taxi.
Some links of interest:
A block booking of rooms is made at Piteå Stadshotell http://en.piteastadshotell.com/ where special rates are available for conference attendees. By quoting the reference number 46796, you will obtain the following rates per room and night:
Single room Friday and Saturday: SEK 890
Single room Sunday through Thursday: SEK 899
Double room Friday and Saturday: SEK 990
Double room Sunday through Thursday: SEK 1243
The accomodation is not included in the conference fee.