In This Section
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
- AES Showcases Latest Audio Innovations and Best Practices at 136th International Convention in Berlin
- Successful Technical Program and Exhibition draw high attendance and positive response from attendees and exhibitors alike
The conference activities will be held at the Luleå University of Technology's Department of Music and Media at Piteå in the north of Sweden.
Apart from music and media education, the school accommodates one of Sweden's most popular education programmes for audio engineers.
The School's mix of artists, engineers, producers, and scientists produces a very creative learning environment, the perfect locale for a technically challenging, enlightening, and highly enjoyable conference.
Piteå is situated approx. 50 km south of the county's main city Luleå, where the airport is located. Participants travelling by air should book their flights to Luleå Airport, airport code LLA. Most of these flights connect to the international airports via Stockholm Arlanda Airport (ARN). The ground trip from Luleå to Piteå takes about 35 minutes by car. There are special fares for ground transportation by taxi.
Some links of interest:
A block booking of rooms is made at Piteå Stadshotell http://en.piteastadshotell.com/ where special rates are available for conference attendees. By quoting the reference number 46796, you will obtain the following rates per room and night:
Single room Friday and Saturday: SEK 890
Single room Sunday through Thursday: SEK 899
Double room Friday and Saturday: SEK 990
Double room Sunday through Thursday: SEK 1243
The accomodation is not included in the conference fee.