AES New York 2019
Student / Career Event SC06
Thursday, October 17, 9:00 am — 10:30 am
SC06 - AES MatLab Plugin Student Competition
MathWorks is supporting the AES MATLAB Plugin Student Competition and Showcase which invites students to design a new kind of audio production VST plugin using MATLAB Software. The competition provides students with the opportunity to challenge both their signal processing skills and creativity, and to share their results with the audio engineering community.
The following submissions were chosen by the judges to be presented in front of the audience. These projects are considered to win cash and software prizes. Meritorious awards are determined here and will be presented at the closing Student Delegate Assembly Meeting (SDA-2). Learn more about this competition at aes.org/students/awards.
• Edward Ly, "Inner Space," University of Aizu
• Domenico Andrea Giliberti, Festim Iseini, Nicola Ignazio Pelagalli, Alessandro Terenzi, "BEStEx - Bass Enhancer Stereo Expander," Universita Politecnica delle Marche
• Christian Steinmetz, "flowEQ," Universitat Pompeu Fabra
• Sean Newell, "Shift Drive," Belmont University
• John Kolar, "Dynamizer: Amplitude Modulator & Audio Effects Plugin," West Virginia University
• Michael Nuzzo, "Spectrum Pixelator," University of Massachusetts-Lowell
For further information on these events please check the AES Students website.
If you'd like your school or company to participate in the Education & Career Fair, fill out this form.