Friday, October 19
Morning Session: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm (1E12)
Afternoon Session: 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm (1E12)
Andres A. Mayo, Andres Mayo Mastering & Audio Post - Buenos Aires, Argentina
Abesh Thakur, Facebook - California, USA
These identical half-day crash courses will cover the end-to-end workflow for spatial audio design and asset preparation of 360 and 180 immersive videos using the Facebook 360 Spatial Workstation tools. These workshops will each address the following:
- What is spatial audio, and why is it important for Immersive videos;
- Formats and standards that are accepted on popular delivery platforms such as Facebook, Oculus or YouTube;
- Using plugins in a DAW to author ambisonic mixes that respond to real-time headtracking during runtime;
- Basic setup for live streaming 360 videos with ambisonic audio;
- Overview of popular 360 cameras and ambisonic microphones that can be used for linear spatial audio design.
Space is limited to 35 people for each time slot; These are ticketed events, with a $50 fee for AES members ($50) and a $100 fee for non-members. Attendees must preregister.
Click here to Register Now
Log in, then select either the morning or afternoon session, then press "Continue" to advance to the payment page.
- Valid only with an AES 145th All Access Badge
- You must choose a time slot
Attendees will need to bring a laptop and headphones to the training sessions.
Attendees will need to download the necessary assets, available beginning Thursday 10/18, at fb.me/aes_audio360_downloads.
Software required for workshop: Any DAW (Reaper, Pro Tools HD, Nuendo 8.2+)
OS: Windows 10 or macOS 10.12 onwards
Spatial workstation downloads: fb.me/aes_audio360_downloads
Documentation: fb.me/audio360doc, available beginning Thursday 10/18