For Release: October 11, 2013
The Platinum Engineers and Platinum Producers Panels at the 135th Audio Engineering Society Convention Offer Conversations with the Leading Lights Behind the Boards
— Hosted by SonicScoop, these panels brings together engineers Chris Coady, Patrick Dillett, Tom Elmhirst and Manny Marroquin; and producers Jeff Jones, ROBOPOP and Dave Toser —
New York, NY — The Platinum Engineers Panel and Platinum Producers Panel have long been staples of AES Convention special event programs and will continue to be a huge draw at this year’s 135th Audio Engineering Society Convention (Thursday, October 17, through Sunday, October 20, 2013, at the Javits Center in New York City).
This year’s Platinum Engineers Panel, which takes places on Friday, October 18, 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm (Room 1E15/16), will be moderated by Justin Colletti of leading online pro audio publication SonicScoop. The panel will feature four of the industry’s leading engineers and mixers, who will examine their own works and offer insights into how great records are created. The lineup is scheduled to include:
- Chris Coady (The Yeah Yeahs Yeahs, TV on the Radio, Grizzly Bear, Blonde Redhead, Beach House, Delorean, Gang Gang Dance, Zola Jesus, and …And You Will Know Us By the Trail of the Dead)
- Patrick Dillett (David Byrne and St. Vincent, Julia Stone, They Might Be Giants, Fatboy Slim, Bebel Gilberto, Plácido Domingo, The B-52s, Danny Elfman, Santana, Nile Rodgers, KRS-One, Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, and Notorious B.I.G.)
- Tom Elmhirst (Adele, Amy Winehouse, Lily Allen, The Black Keys, Dido, Mark Ronson, Cee Lo Green, Lana Del Ray, The Civil Wars, Jónsi, Michael Bublé, Charlotte Gainsbourg and Quincy Jones)
- Manny Marroquin (Bruno Mars, Kanye West, John Mayer, Shakira, Maroon 5, Rihanna, Pink, Miley Cyrus, Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber, The Rolling Stones and John Legend)
The Platinum Producers Panel will be moderated by SonicScoop’s Founder/Editor David Weiss and will take place Saturday, October 19, 11:30 am to 1:30 pm (Room 1E15/16). The panelists’ collective experience spans decades and has produced hit singles and albums in rock, R&B, hip-hop, pop, jazz, and beyond. From their application of classic techniques to late-breaking revelations, this trio of hit makers will provide inside information on tracking, mixing, mastering, songwriting and getting the very best out of artists in the studio. Scheduled to participate are the following:
- Jeff Jones (Eric Clapton, Wynton Marsalis, Norah Jones)
- ROBOPOP (Gym Class Heroes, Maroon 5, Lana Del Ray)
- Dave Tozer (John Legend, Kanye West, Justin Timberlake)
The Platinum Engineers Panel and Platinum Producers Panel create reference points at each successive AES Convention that provide the industry with a year-to-year transparent look inside the complex process of music production. “It’s a kind of living history that takes us inside not only the studio but also the artists’ minds, as they collaborate with those who are the interlocutors between art and technology,” observes Bob Moses, Executive Director of the Audio Engineering Society. “These are always great panels.”
For more information on the Platinum Engineers Panel, please visit http://www.aes.org/events/135/specialevents/?ID=3689. For more information on the Platinum Producers panel, please visit http://www.aes.org/events/135/specialevents/?ID=3704. For further information on the 135th AES International Convention, and to register for your free Exhibits-Plus badge or the premium All-Access badge, please visit http://www.aes.org/events/135/.
About the Audio Engineering Society
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 and now counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. Currently, its members are affiliated with more than 75 AES professional sections and more than 95 AES student sections around the world. Section activities may include guest speakers, technical tours, demonstrations and social functions. Through local AES section events, members experience valuable opportunities for professional networking and personal growth. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org.
AES Marketing Communications:
Tel: 615-662-1616, Fax: 615-662-1636,
Tel: 615-662-1616, Fax: 615-662-1636,
Clyne Media, Inc.,
169-B Belle Forest Circle, Nashville, TN 37221;