AES San Francisco 2012
Live Sound Track Event LS2
Friday, October 26, 2:00 pm — 3:30 pm (Room 120)
Live Sound Seminar: LS2 - Live Sound Engineering: The Juxtaposition of Art and ScienceChair:
Chuck Knowledge, Chucknology - San Francisco, CA, USA
In this presentation we examine the different disciplines required for modern live event production. The technical foundations of audio engineering are no longer enough to deliver the experiences demanded by today's concert goers. This session will discuss practical engineering challenges with consideration for the subjective nature of art and the desire of performing artists to push the technological envelope. Focal points will include:
• Transplanting studio production to the live arena.
• Computer-based solutions and infrastructure requirements.
• The symbiosis with lighting and video.
• New technologies for interactivity and audience engagement.
• New career paths made possible by innovation in these fields.
Attendees can expect insight to the delivery of recent high-profile live events, the relevant enabling technologies, and how to develop their own skill set to remain at the cutting edge.