Live from AES London 2010
Audio and broadcast technology journalist Matt Bell is attending all four days of the 128th AES Convention in London, so we asked him if he would make a live podcast of the show for us from the halls of the Novotel Convention Centre, in Hammersmith, London, where the show is taking place. Join Matt as he walks around the Convention, talking to the organisers and exhibitors about this year's show and some of the new products and technology being introduced there.
You can download each of Matt's daily podcasts here:
Days 1 & 2 (1:00:45 - 83.4MB)
Day 3 (24:48 - 34.1MB)
Day 4 (24:53 - 34.2MB)
AES London 2010 Podcast, Days 1 & 2
• [00:00] Day 1: Introduction to the AES Convention
• [02:04] Interview with Dr Joshua Reiss, AES Convention Chair
• [07:07] Description of the Convention opening ceremony and keynote speech.
• [09:06] Day 2: Andy Page of DK Technologies on their new update to their loudness meters
• [11:58] Klaus Schiffner of Rohde & Schwarz introduces their new UPP range of audio analysers
• [17:39] Graham Boswell of Prism Sound and SADiE talks about his companies' industry seminars at the Convention
• [23:30] Tom Williams and Dan Knighten of Audio Precision introduce their new production line audio analyser, the APx515.
• [32:10] Roger Clemo of SoundLink Marketing on Microtech Gefell & Grace Audio
• [42:28] Dan Muchmore and Gary Rosen of ClearCom on their new HelixNet venue communications platform and Tempest digital comms systems.
• [1:00:37] Wrap-up from Day 2.
AES London 2010 Podcast, Day 3
• [00:00] Introduction to Day 3
• [00:29] Description of Student events programme
• [03:03] Producer Phil Harding of the MPG and JAMES talks about the seminar programme at the AES and JAMES's efforts to improve links between the video and audio industries and education.
• [13:28] Standards Committee meetings and the issue of Loudness
• [14:41] Felipe Avila-Reyes of Trinnov Audio on their new software Loudness Meter and ST-2 Room Optimizer for audiophile hi-fi applications.
• [18:48] Stefano Pucello and Tim Constable of Rycote Microphone Windshields
• [23:48] End of Day 3 wrap-up
AES London 2010 Podcast, Day 4
• [00:00] Introduction to Day 4 — summary of Day 3 evening press events
• [00:52] Dr Matthew Davies and Enrique Perez Gonzalez of the Centre For Digital Music, Queen Mary College, University of London.
• [13:50] Discussion of the Platinum Producer and Engineer Sessions on the Conference floor of the Convention.
• [15:10] Comments on the presentation of an Honorary Membership of the AES to Sir George Martin CBE. (Watch Video Here)
• [17:07] Sebastian Rodens from Steinberg Media Technologies on Nuendo v5.
• [19:01] Keith Tonge of reference monitor manufacturer PMC discusses their product launches at the show and their detailed seminar programme.
• [24:16] Convention wrap-up and closing comments.