Home | Technical Program | Exhibition | Visitors | Students | Press
Last Updated: 20060405, meiTuesday, May 23, 11:30 — 13:30
T20 - MICROPHONE TECHNIQUES in the MULTICHANNEL ERA
Wes Dooley, Audio Engineering Associates - Pasadena, CA USA
Ron Streicher, Pacific Audio-Visual Enterprises - Pasadena, CA USA
This session will discuss many of the factors to be considered when choosing and placing microphones in a multichannel environment — whether it be for sound reinforcement, broadcast, stereo recording, or surround-sound production.
Among the topics to be covered will be:
• What are the priorities?
• How to obtain the best advantage from polar patterns
• Applications and dictates of the inverse square law
• The law of the first wavefront
• The multichannel environment
• Basic pragmatic issues when using microphones
• Corollary issues
|(C) 2006, Audio Engineering Society, Inc.