117th AES CONVENTION PRESS RELEASE
AES ANNOUNCES 117th CONVENTION COMMITTEE
San Francisco To Host The Art Of Audio Themed Event
SAN FRANCISCO: Returning to SF for the first time since 1998, the 117th Audio Engineering Society Art Of Audio themed convention will grace the Moscone Convention Center, Oct. 28 31, 2004. AES executive director Roger Furness reports that an outstanding series of Tutorials, Workshops, Papers, Exhibits and Special Events has been developed by, one of the most dedicated and highly professional Convention Committees in our history.
Chaired by John Strawn, the all-volunteer Committee began meeting in late 2003, to coordinate the diverse programs, which make the four-day convention a perennial must-attend event for thousands of international audio industry professionals.
There are no honorary AES Convention Committee members, Furness says. Each Chairperson is committed to fulfilling the demands of their post. Historically, the results of this labor-intensive process have been extremely gratifying to attendees. The 117th Committee is comprised of a special team of Audio Industry professionals. Their energy and dedication assure us of an extraordinary event.
The aes.org website now features comprehensive information on the 117th Convention including: specifics details covering online registration and housing. Booking accommodations through the AES provides the lowest rates at all official convention hotels. AES Shuttle Services to the San Francisco Moscone Convention Center will be available at selected hotels.
- AES 117th Committee Members are:
- Convention Chair: John Strawn
- Papers Co-Chairs: Brian Link and Rob Maher
- Workshop Co-Chairs: Christopher Struck and David Harris
- Tutorial Seminars Chair: Bob Moses
- Special Events Co-Chairs: Valerie Tyler and Van Webster
- Education Events Chair: Theresa Leonard
- Education Events Vice Chair: Felice Santos-Martin
- Facilities Co-Chairs: Bob Megantz and Annemarie Staepelaere
- Technical Tours Chair: Larry the O
- Program Coordinator: Han Tendeloo
- Platinum Records Artists &
Producers Series Coordinator: Lisa Roy
- Broadcasting Events Coordinator: David Bialik
- Volunteers Coordinator: Gary Brown
Formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers, the
Audio Engineering Society counts over 12,000 members throughout the
U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The AES serves as
the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical
information for the industry. For additional information on the AES
117th Convention please visit http://www.aes.org.