AES E-News: Apr 16 – 134th Convention, 2013 Sustaining Membership Program, AESSC Supporting Contributor Program, AES 50th Conference, Job Board, March Journal
Table of Contents
- 134th Convention
- 2013 Sustaining Membership Program
- AESSC Supporting Contributor Program
- AES 50th Conference – Registration Open
- Job Board Update
- AES Journal March Issue
AES 134th Convention
Location: Rome, Italy
Dates: May 4–7, 2013
The Rome convention begins on the 4th May, so there's not a moment to lose to make your plans. The Technical Program Calendar is now live, and the five main tracks are packed with exciting events, plus we have a wide array of other topics that span the audio engineering field.
- Recording Track: AES brings the top engineers together to share techniques and new ideas, including drum programming, mixing tricks and listening rooms.
- Live Sound Track: From small room acoustics to large venues, many of live sound's leading experts will share their knowledge and the latest innovations.
- Loudness Track: Enjoy a demystification of the most recent developments in the loudness wars and related standards, including a special "Loudness Day" devoted to the topic.
- Spatial Sound Track: Join spatial audio researchers and practitioners for up-to-date learning on surround sound, 3D audio in cars, spatial perception and much more.
- Sound for Pictures Track: We explore emerging trends in 3D, large room reproduction systems and acoustics, and techniques employed by some of Hollywood's top sound mixers and designers.
Register now: Join your colleagues to listen, learn and connect!
Click here for details: http://www.aes.org/events/134/
AES Sustaining Members support the educational, scientific, and standards work of the AES year-round. In return, AES serves these companies with a package of benefits, which have been updated and enhanced for 2013:
- Company logo on the AES homepage website ticker
- Listing on the online Sustaining Member list with a link to their website
- Recognition in the Convention and Conference program materials
- Listing in every issue of the JAES
- Company profile in the October issue of the JAES
- Unlimited postings on the AES job board (for positions at your company)
- Convention and Conference Program access at Individual Member rates for company employees
- AES publications purchases at Individual Member rates
- Printed subscription to the JAES
- 10% discount on JAES advertising
- AES Member Outreach Services
Click here for details: http://www.aes.org/sustaining/info/
The AES Standards Committee has established a Supporting Contributor program that allows financial contributions to be designated to the AES Standards Committee budget. Donations to the AESSC Supporting Contributor Program count toward your Sustaining Membership dues, allowing you to support your favorite Standards project and receive the full package of AES services in return.
Click here for details: http://www.aes.org/standards/support/
Location: Murfreesboro, TN, USA
Dates: July 25–27, 2013
Join your fellow audio education professionals in Tennessee to discuss the latest developments in the field, chaired by Michael Fleming and Bill Crabtree. Over 30 peer-reviewed papers have been accepted along with eight workshops and tutorials. Technology demonstrations will be offered by selected companies. Registration is now open so be sure to book your place soon.
Click here for details: http://www.aes.org/conferences/50/
The AES Job Board is where audio companies post their latest job openings. As an AES
member you receive notifications of the most recent postings here:
- Acoustic Engineer - Sunnyvale, CA, USA (2013-4-2)
- Sales Engineer, MEMS Microphone - Sunnyvale, CA, USA (2013-4-2)
- Assistant Professor of Audio Engineering Technology - Nashville, TN, USA (2013-4-3)
- Acoustics Engineer - Northridge, CA, USA (2013-4-4)
- Manager/Audio Production - Mount Pleasant, MI, USA (2013-4-11)
- Senior Audio Researcher - Auburn Hills, MI, USA (2013-4-12)
- Jr. Loudspeaker System Engineer - Northridge, CA, USA (2013-4-12)
- Sr. Mgr, Engineering - Northridge, CA, USA (2013-4-12)
- Audio DSP Software Engineer, Professional Licensing - San Francisco, CA, USA (2013-4-12)
- Entertainment Engineering Position - Las Vegas, NV, USA (2013-4-15)
Click here for details: http://www.aes.org/jobs/
This issue includes:
Click here for details: http://www.aes.org/journal/
Listen to the Journal Podcast: http://www.aes.org/podcasts/
Join the online discussion of Journal papers and articles!