TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Tutorial on Thiele-Small Parameters
2. Author Note (New Journal Per-Page Fees)
3. Author Note (Paper Deadlines)
4. October AES Journal Available Online
The latest in our series of online tutorials is now available. Members
can now view a two-hour masterclass given at the 124th Convention by
Neville Thiele and Richard Small entitled 'Loudspeaker Parameters'. This
masterclass provides an excellent introduction to loudspeaker design
parameters and their application in practice, including the relationship
between measured and modeled performance. We welcome your online
feedback about these tutorials, which can be provided by clicking on the
link below the presentation. Click here to
view our tutorials.
Author Note (New Journal Per-Page Fees)
Beginning with the first issue of the Journal in 2009, a per-page fee will
be applied to papers on the following basis:
No charge up to 8 pages; pp. 9-12, $50 per page; p. 13 and above, $100
Author Note (Paper Deadlines)
The deadline for submitting final papers
for the 35th Conference on "Audio for Games" in London is November 19th.
The 126th Convention paper proposal deadline is December 9th. You
can submit proposals by clicking here.
Click here to
view the call for papers.
October AES Journal Is Available Online Here
This issue includes:
• Papers on:
Simulation of Rooms Using Finite-Difference Methods
Universal Generic Framework for Audio Codecs
Postprocessing to Modify Directional Microphone Response
Processing Tools for Spatial Audio Teleconferencing
• Feature: Audio for Mobile Devices
• 34th Conference Report, Jeju Island
• New Officers 2008/2009
• Review of Sustaining Members
• Call for Papers: 126th Convention, Munich
• Call for Papers: 37th Conference, Denmark
• Calls for Nominations: Board of Governors and Awards
• AES Bylaws
• AES Standards Committee News
• News of the Sections, Sound Track, etc.
Join the online discussion of Journal papers and articles!
NEW - RSS Feed of latest AES Journal issues
RSS Feed of AES E-News