TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. AES Educator's Forum Launched
2. November AES Journal available online
3. 26th Conference Call For Papers
4. 118th Convention Call For Papers - Reminder
AES Educator's Forum Launched
It's up and Running! The new AES Educator's On-line Forum was announced at the Educator's Panel held on October 29th at the AES Convention in San Francisco. This forum comes out of discussion at the New York '03 AES convention. It was suggested that AES establish an on-line forum for educators to share information and provide a research tool for audio production education.
The forum will be moderated by David G. Christensen (member of the AES Education Committee and faculty-The Art Institute of Seattle) and supervised by Steve Johnson the AES webmaster. "We feel that the information exchanged in this format will be valuable to our community." Christensen said.
At this time, the forum will post emails only, without attachments. If there is a strong desire to include attachments, this change can be implemented at a later time.
To access the forum click here and then click on "Educator's Forum" If you have questions or comments about the forum, contact David Christensen.
November AES Journal is Available Online
Click here to view the table of contents. The issue includes:
- Papers on Dither and Noise-Shaping Theory, Alternative Binaural Technique, Model of Phase in Synthesized Audio, Tradeoffs in Vented-Box Loudspeaker Designs
- Feature: Metadata Revisited
- Feature: Digital Archiving for Radio
- New Officers 2004/2005
- Call for Papers: 26th Conference, Denver
- AES Standards Committee News
- News of the Sections, New Products, etc.
AES 26th Conference Call For Papers
Anyone wishing to propose a paper for the 26th Conference in Denver (July 7-9) can now log in and do so. The deadline for submissions is January 31, 2005.
AES 118th Convention Call For Papers - Reminder
Those wishing to propose a paper for the 118th Convention in Barcelona (May 28-31) should log in and do so. The deadline for submissions is December 20th, 2004.