In This Section
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
- AES Showcases Latest Audio Innovations and Best Practices at 136th International Convention in Berlin
- Successful Technical Program and Exhibition draw high attendance and positive response from attendees and exhibitors alike
Classes in Forensic Audio
at the National Center for Media Forensics
The National Center for Media Forensics at the University of Colorado Denver (host institution of the AES- Audio Forensics Conference) is located directly across the street from the Warwick Hotel and will be offering 3-day training classes on Audio Enhancement and Authentication for educational credit in the days immediately before and following the Conference. Additionally, a Pre-Conference Workshop on Forensic Speaker Comparison will be hosted at the NCMF. Course details.
June 11-13: Forensic Authentication of Digital Audio in the NCMF classroom
Students explore techniques to address challenges in the authentication of digital audio with regard to evidence admissibility and counterfeit detection. Digital data analysis, compression level analysis, and ENF collection and comparison will be discussed. Registration $1,100.
June 18-20: Forensic Audio Enhancement in the NCMF classroom
This course covers practical fundamentals in digital audio theory as well as forensic audio handling and enhancement. Specifically, hands-on practice will include: digital evidence tools that can aid in the recovery of digital audio, spectral tools for forensic analysis including the FFT spectrum and spectrogram, and specific filters for noise reduction and stereo source separation. Students will create their own recordings for group problem solving and discussion. Registration $900.
For more information and to register for these classes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.