In This Section
- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
- AES Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality Announces Program Details
- New Conference focusses on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
Classes in Forensic Audio
at the National Center for Media Forensics
The National Center for Media Forensics at the University of Colorado Denver (host institution of the AES- Audio Forensics Conference) is located directly across the street from the Warwick Hotel and will be offering 3-day training classes on Audio Enhancement and Authentication for educational credit in the days immediately before and following the Conference. Additionally, a Pre-Conference Workshop on Forensic Speaker Comparison will be hosted at the NCMF. Course details.
June 11-13: Forensic Authentication of Digital Audio in the NCMF classroom
Students explore techniques to address challenges in the authentication of digital audio with regard to evidence admissibility and counterfeit detection. Digital data analysis, compression level analysis, and ENF collection and comparison will be discussed. Registration $1,100.
June 18-20: Forensic Audio Enhancement in the NCMF classroom
This course covers practical fundamentals in digital audio theory as well as forensic audio handling and enhancement. Specifically, hands-on practice will include: digital evidence tools that can aid in the recovery of digital audio, spectral tools for forensic analysis including the FFT spectrum and spectrogram, and specific filters for noise reduction and stereo source separation. Students will create their own recordings for group problem solving and discussion. Registration $900.
For more information and to register for these classes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.