In This Section
- New "AES Portal" in Process of Being Rolled Out
- Take a moment to create your new Login today!
- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
AES Conference on Audio Forensics
Dates: June 14-16, 2012
Location: Denver, CO, USA
Chair: Jeff M. Smith, National Center for Media Forensics
Papers Co-Chair: Catalin Grigoras, National Center for Media Forensics
Papers Co-Chair: Durand Begault, Audio Forensic Center
Workshops Co-Chair: Eddy B. Brixen, EBB Consult
Workshops Co-Chair: Christopher Peltier, Audio Forensic Center
The AES 46th International Conference is dedicated to exploring advances in the field of Audio Forensics by providing a platform for research related to the forensic application of speech/signal processing, acoustical analyses, audio authentication, and the examination of methodologies and best practices. A special focus will be made on the practice of audio forensics as a whole of its parts: the recording, recovery, analysis, and interpretation of audio evidence.
This is the 4th AES conference devoted to the technical developments and practical approaches developing in the field of Audio Forensics (past conferences: 2005, 2008, 2010). With increasing attendance at these events this conference has become the hub for researchers and practitioners to exchange ideas and foster new approaches to address problems that are evolving every day. The conference program will include Paper presentations and discussions as well as Workshops on topics related to Forensic Audio.
Additionally, opportunities for training in the days immediately before and after the conference will be provided by the National Center for Media Forensics in its classroom accross the street from The Warwick Hotel. Full schedule:
June 13 5:30 - 8:30 pm: Workshop on Validity and Reliability in Forensic Voice Comparison at the NCMF
June 14-16: AES46: Audio Forensics