In This Section
- AES Opens Early Registration and Discounted Pricing for 140th International Convention in Paris, June 4 – 7
- FREE "Exhibits-Plus" Badge and premium "All Access" Badge options now available online for Europe’s largest pro audio event of the year
- The Audio Engineering Society Launches AES Live Online Video Collection
- Exclusive videos featuring interviews with past, present and future leaders of our industry
- Binaural Listening Trends Tracked at 140th International Audio Engineering Society Convention
- An ever-expanding aspect of present-day audio
- Call for Board of Governors Nominations
- Deadline is February 15th
POSCO International Center in Pohang is also a great place to plan tours to one of Korea's most famous travel destinations. Two of UNESCO Cultural Heritage, Yangdong folk village and Gyoengju historic area is nearby.
Yangdong Folk Village
Hahoe and Yangdong Villages are the oldest and most excellent examples of clan villages in Korea, a form of settlement that characterized the Joseon period. They also represent the two typical modes by which these clan villages were formed: pioneering settlement and moving into the wife's maiden hometown. Yangdong Village has for generations kept in safe custody old records, documents, and artistic works, the academic and cultural achievements of Joseon's Confucian scholars. The Village maintains even today the highest level of traditional family rituals and characteristic village events that were performed by the Confucian scholars of the Joseon period.
Gyeongju Historic Area
Gyeongju Historic Area(Seokguram Grotto)
The Gyeongju Historic Areas contain a remarkable concentration of outstanding examples of Korean Buddhist art, in the form of sculptures, reliefs, pagodas, and the remains of temples and palaces from the flowering, in particular between the 7th and 10th centuries, of this form of unique artistic expression.
Anapji(left) and Cheomseongdae Observatory(right), also in Gyeongju historic area